**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

I must be in the minority, I f***ing hated that episode. 40 some minutes of Jon killing anonymous Bolton dudes. Wildlings/62 good men dying because Sansa inexplicably withheld info. Jon going for the obvious bait. I'm sure in the books Jon's going to get bailed out by the timely intervention of the Vale knights too, but at least it will be because that's as quickly as Sansa could get there. Not because she just decided to keep it to herself cause her f***ing p**** hurt.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
I must be in the minority, I f***ing hated that episode. 40 some minutes of Jon killing anonymous Bolton dudes. Wildlings/62 good men dying because Sansa inexplicably withheld info. Jon going for the obvious bait. I'm sure in the books Jon's going to get bailed out by the timely intervention of the Vale knights too, but at least it will be because that's as quickly as Sansa could get there. Not because she just decided to keep it to herself cause her f***ing p**** hurt.

Eh I get it, it's not ideal, but I'm past the show having to be perfect because it obviously isn't. We got a pretty damn good fight scene, I'm happy with the episode.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
She may have not known they were coming and would get there in time. It's unknown yet whether everyone in that world yet knows that time and distance no longer exist in this season.

I think it's a small gripe, but there's really no reason why she couldn't have told them on their march down to Winterfell, "oh yeah, hey, so I asked Littlefinger for an army to help. Maybe we just chill for a week and see what kind of response we get?" Especially since they included a scene where she's arguing with John that Ramsey had the advantage and they didn't have enough men.

Rikon running in a perfectly straight line and Ramsey shooting the dying giant in the eye instead of John, who was RIGHT THERE, are far more unrealistic/egregious.

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)

The review podcast I listen to summed it up perfectly for me: it was too predictable, but being predictable is what made it so damn satisfying.

If Sansa delays the battle and Ramsay eventually becomes aware of the Vale army, he would instead stay in Winterfell and prepare for a siege. He was probably only so willing to meet in open battle because of his superior numbers.

Sansa wanted to tell Jon about the Vale, but for some reason wanted Jon to naturally delay the battle instead of delaying because of the Vale. Perhaps it was because she didn't know if they were really coming, or maybe there really was strategy about it from Sansa's part. I hope we'll find out in the finale.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
If Sansa delays the battle and Ramsay eventually becomes aware of the Vale army, he would instead stay in Winterfell and prepare for a siege. He was probably only so willing to meet in open battle because of his superior numbers.

Sansa wanted to tell Jon about the Vale, but for some reason wanted Jon to naturally delay the battle instead of delaying because of the Vale. Perhaps it was because she didn't know if they were really coming, or maybe there really was strategy about it from Sansa's part. I hope we'll find out in the finale.

Sansa also didn't know Baelish would actually show up. She sent a request for help; that's no guarantee it will arrive. She should have told Jon about the possibility though.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Sansa also didn't know Baelish would actually show up. She sent a request for help; that's no guarantee it will arrive. She should have told Jon about the possibility though.

Do we honestly know that though? I mean, she was riding with them...

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
Ramsey shooting the dying giant in the eye instead of John, who was RIGHT THERE, are far more unrealistic/egregious.

I thought about that too, but realistically, lets say he shoots Snow instead. Wun Wun would probably have enough in him to squish him anyway. Even if that didn't work, he was surrounded with no support and would have died anyways. Its not like if he had killed Snow he would have gotten away so I was ok with that even though I immediately said the same thing "Why didn't he just shoot him, he was right there?"

It's been a long time since I've been reacting to a TV show like a sporting event. I was screaming at the TV, being super sad, super nervous, super happy, talking trash, etc. Loved this episode. Loved seeing Jon Snow, Tormund, and Wun Wun running after Ramsey.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 06:06 AM)
I still don't like the theory that the Qyburn "rumors" are wildfire from a writing perspective, but given that they mention cities being burned down EVERY EPISODE NOW, that's probably it.

She's had him looking for wildfire in the books and show. What's the issue?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)
She's had him looking for wildfire in the books and show. What's the issue?

Can you point me to where in the books or show that Cersei has ever asked Qyburn to look for wildfire?

My issue isn't with Cersei pursuing that particular tactic, but with the idea that it's some big secret. Cersei would already know that Aerys had wildfire under the city and intended to ignite it. That's a primary reason Jaime killed him. Cersei herself worked with the alchemist's guild to tap into existing caches and generate more. They produced enough to burn down the entire city in short order, so why would she even need to depend on using street urchin children to find secret caches?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Can you point me to where in the books or show that Cersei has ever asked Qyburn to look for wildfire?

My issue isn't with Cersei pursuing that particular tactic, but with the idea that it's some big secret. Cersei would already know that Aerys had wildfire under the city and intended to ignite it. That's a primary reason Jaime killed him. Cersei herself worked with the alchemist's guild to tap into existing caches and generate more. They produced enough to burn down the entire city in short order, so why would she even need to depend on using street urchin children to find secret caches?

They used it up in the battle of blackwater?

Maybe she wants to find the caches in order to not tip anyone off that they have it, instead of risking someone catching them making more

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)

Well, remember, it isn't as if Sansa didn't try to tell Jon to wait. Yes, she didn't say she had another army, but maybe she figured quietly that her opinion wasn't being listened to so she wanted to be in a position of power herself to show, hey, you all should be listening to me.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
The review podcast I listen to summed it up perfectly for me: it was too predictable, but being predictable is what made it so damn satisfying.

I thought it was awesome. I also had no idea whether there would be some weird twist, Jon dying or Sansa dying. Who the heck knows. Really just loved the episode.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)

Yeah. I didn't know if Sansa maybe kept it quiet because she thought Jon would overplay his hand based upon emotions (given how smart Ramsay is), so she ultimately knew she needed to in essence, play them both, to ensure Ramsay was truly defeated.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)

I don't know...she was with Baelish. I kind of had the feeling she knew they were there but since she wasn't part of the war council, etc, she strategically didn't play all her hand at that moment, since Jon wasn't respecting her opinion on Ramsey.