**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
I don't think Cersei would kill Tommen either. It's either some collateral issue where he like runs in to save Marge or he's so despondent after losing her to the flames that he drinks Qyburn's entire inventory of Milk of the Poppy.

I don't know that she'll be directly responsible for killin him, but I predict that it happens in a way that Jaime blames her and he kills cersei or something like that.

What a show.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
Yeah they can't do all that in one episode. I think we'll get about 10 minutes of winterfell clean up, 10 minutes of dany cleanup, and 35 minutes of trial

I read somewhere it's 75 min long. Lot of stuff to cover.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
I think Tommen will somehow be spared from the wildfire, only to be killed by the Sand Snakes. Feel like that's how he'll go out in the books and there was an episode earlier this season in which Jamie mentioned them to the small council. I don't think the Dorne storyline is 100% complete just yet.

Absolutely. With how abrupt and short their storyline was this season, and how it left them essentially free to plot their revenge against Lannisters, I really think they will show up in some form in episode 10.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 02:41 AM)
Absolutely. With how abrupt and short their storyline was this season, and how it left them essentially free to plot their revenge against Lannisters, I really think they will show up in some form in episode 10.

On the other hand, the Dorne storyline (and the Sand Snakes in particular) are almost universally hated by viewers and there's no forward momentum whatsoever. Why add s*** to your finale?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 25, 2016 -> 03:49 PM)
On the other hand, the Dorne storyline (and the Sand Snakes in particular) are almost universally hated by viewers and there's no forward momentum whatsoever. Why add s*** to your finale?

Because Tommen can't survive the season and I don't see how else he goes out.

Don't see a whole lot of fighting to be done by Dany's army. Whatever army Cersei has, yes. And Euron's army. Highgarden, Dorne and Iron Islands have aligned with Dany. It will be easy to see the North align with her, especially if she gives them the same deal she gave Yara. Independence, but still respect to the crown. Who else is left to fight Dany's army? The dead...

It's good to see Baelish get used and screwed. He looked pissed but he also looked pretty defeated. I wonder what he might try to plot to still achieve his vision, but nonetheless it will further destroyed when Dany arrives.

Also interesting, I wonder if Arya will work through her list to the South, or learn that Starks are in Winterfell and rejoin Jon and Sansa. I really hope she doesn't try to go to King's Landing, but plays the patient game and gets with her family.

I really see Jaime either abandoning or killing Cersei. It's boiling over for him and I don't think he looks and Cersei and loves her anymore. I hope he just leaves because it would be awesome to see Cersei just get wrecked by the Dragon Fleet. So damn epic.

Lastly, Young Lady Mormont is the s***!

QUOTE (South Sider @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)
Don't see a whole lot of fighting to be done by Dany's army. Whatever army Cersei has, yes. And Euron's army. Highgarden, Dorne and Iron Islands have aligned with Dany. It will be easy to see the North align with her, especially if she gives them the same deal she gave Yara. Independence, but still respect to the crown. Who else is left to fight Dany's army? The dead...

It's good to see Baelish get used and screwed. He looked pissed but he also looked pretty defeated. I wonder what he might try to plot to still achieve his vision, but nonetheless it will further destroyed when Dany arrives.

Also interesting, I wonder if Arya will work through her list to the South, or learn that Starks are in Winterfell and rejoin Jon and Sansa. I really hope she doesn't try to go to King's Landing, but plays the patient game and gets with her family.

I really see Jaime either abandoning or killing Cersei. It's boiling over for him and I don't think he looks and Cersei and loves her anymore. I hope he just leaves because it would be awesome to see Cersei just get wrecked by the Dragon Fleet. So damn epic.

Lastly, Young Lady Mormont is the s***!

I see Jamie playing Queenslayer this time...

Don't forget about the Branster.

That was simply an incredible episode...especially everyone pledging their loyalty and the title song starting to kick in there at the end...reminded me of some of the best elements of Gladiator, gets your blood flowing and emotions going.

What will Sansa do? Will she be content to take a role in the shadows or see the spotlight?

Will we get a water/naval battle before they reach Westeros with the King of the Iron Islands? Would it even be plausible those forces would stand a chance, with any strategy on the water completely nullified by the dragons lighting all their ships afire?

Will Jamie and Lady Brienne reconnect? Where do Clegane and Arya fit into all of this? Will the Red Witch be seen again (and in what capacity?)...you could tell Jon didn't have the heart to hang the woman who brought him back from the dead. Hard to imagine she would ever align against him at any point in the future.

Is the next military battle for what's left of the Frey legacy, or does it simply crumble quietly aside in terms of the overall story?

Next, do Jon and Danaerys unite and turn north against the White Walkers or take out King's Landing/Casterly Rock first? Will Jaimie stay on as military commander...? Will he mercifully put Cersei down or will she live on to see the great battle? Will someone from the House of Dorne or Lady Tyrell be the one to end her life? Suicide? Will Jamie end up in the presumed endgame fighting with Jon/Danaerys and Lady Brienne in that massive battle against the White Walkers?

Qy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 08:00 AM)
What was the significance of the children killing Maester Pycell? I feel like I missed something

Cersei consolidating power. It's just her and Qyburn running the Kingdom now pretty much. Qyburn has assumed the role of hand / master of whispers / master of coin / etc. The entire small council is dead, save Varys who has gone over to Dany. She's a short-timer now that Jaime is in KL. It seems like bmags/fans who say Jaime is the one who kills here are right.

Speaking of, the Lannisters are completely alone versus the rest of the Seven Kingdoms right now, I'd bet the Freys/Riverlands blame them for Walder's death. At least, I think that's what was being setup with that tense conversation between Walder/Jaime in their scene together. It'd be easy to see the Riverlands turning against the Lannisters in the first place since they've gotten a ton of their people killed at this point.

The only one of the 7 Kingdoms not accounted for is the Stormlands, which I'd guess are in shambles at this point and easy pickings for Dany/Dorne/Reach alliance. North back to being an independent kingdom (brought back in via marriage of Dany/Jon seems to be what they're hinting at. bleh) That leaves the Vale, like Littlefinger said in the episode everyone will know they threw in with the Starks at the battle so he's pretty openly set against the Lannisters there. Maybe Sansa marries Robin and cuts him out of the Vale completely/has him tossed through the moon door.

Anyway, pretty good finale! I chuckled at a couple of things like Arya making the Frey pie and Varys being summoned by a bell. The Citadel looked great and it was cool to see Oldtown on the show, even if at a distance. Not sure what Sam plans to have Gilly do there.

Bran/ToJ seems like they did everything short of painting the family tree for us. I don't think the reveal was ever meant to be that R+L = J, I think that's been pretty well foreshadowed since Book 1. I think the real reveal is that Lyanna actually loved Rhaegar, I just wonder if they ever got married considering Rhaegar was already married or if Jon is still a bastard. Speaking of, can Jon legitimize himself as King in da Norf and go by King Stark or is he going to stick with King Snow?

Edited by Nixon

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 26, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
You saw the Dornish sails, right?

That was just an amazing season with an even better finale.

I did, but it was still a weird time jump. It would have been nice to see a 30 second scene with Tyrion/Dany welcoming him back. Instead it was like, oh hey there, welcome back.