**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

It was a decent finale, could have been better but it had a lot in it. My first impression after the episode ended was Westeros is f***ed. I was talking to a buddy and he brought up Dany's visions in Qarth, and there was one with a snowy throne room, between that and talking about the number of people in King's Landing I'm pretty sure that the dead will make it there.

It got me thinking about the last time the white walkers attacked and Azor Ahai, started reading up on it again. It'll be interesting to see if there are any parallels between then and now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
It was a decent finale, could have been better but it had a lot in it. My first impression after the episode ended was Westeros is f***ed. I was talking to a buddy and he brought up Dany's visions in Qarth, and there was one with a snowy throne room, between that and talking about the number of people in King's Landing I'm pretty sure that the dead will make it there.

It got me thinking about the last time the white walkers attacked and Azor Ahai, started reading up on it again. It'll be interesting to see if there are any parallels between then and now.

yeah I definitely think the dead at least push the northern armies into Cersei's.

I was thinking about it, and wanted to give some credit to the difficulty of finishing this series off. While true they didn't nail it in terms of living up to the characters, some of the magic of the show has been the surprises and how it would lead you astray and push characters out of what seemed like the endgame.

Well this is all the endgame. Everyone basically knows Jon and Dany (ice and fire) would team up and presumably prevail against an army of the dead. So now as they deliver on that there is a lot of "well yeah we know that". Last night I wished I had not actually read up on so much of the show.

The pace has been bad and decisions have been lazy, but I wonder how much of that is trying to create some surprises when at this point we all know what's going to happen.

They should just let the white walkers by and let them take Kings landing. I thought that episode was awesome. I screamed when LF finally bit it. Also they finally locked down theories that we've been speculating for years. The reunion of all the players left was interesting, but I feel like the books would have made that a little less hollywood buddy comedy.

I saw each epi might be 90 min for the last season. That would be epic./

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 09:14 AM)
Oh and that dragon is going to be flightless pretty soon, it was already f***ed up.

ha, I don't believe this for a second. I don't think an undead dragon has the same physics of lift.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)
ha, I don't believe this for a second. I don't think an undead dragon has the same physics of lift.

Its going to keep decaying like the undead. I assume it will jut be a walking lizard at some point. Maybe Bran the Night king wont need it...

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)
So what do we think happened in the cutaway from when Tyrion figures out she's pregnant and she lies that they'll go north?

He probably also figured out that she wasn't going to hold up her end of the bargain, hence Tyrion heading out to sea and not over land.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Aug 27, 2017 -> 10:27 PM)
Several large plot points were realized, a new one seemingly legitimized with Tyrion potentially betraying Daenarys. Jamie BAILS on Cersei, Qyburns zombie-boner is raging, Cleganebowl pretty much confirmed, Baelish finally got what he has had coming for 7 f***ing seasons, Bran finally listens to what Lyanna was saying to Ned ;-) bad ass blue fire breathing dragon even deadlier than regular fire breathing dragon pwns the wall... forgettable indeed. You will have forgotten all of this even happened by the time you are making your popcorn and nerding out to the season premier in 12-18 months. Christ some people are hard to please. It's not without its faults but if you really wanted to turn off the show while Baelish was finally getting his... or when Mountain might be killing Jamie.. because it was TOO predictable then guess what, you are THINKING too much. Predictability isnt necessarily a bad thing. How do like 90% of shows and movies that all have good and evil usually end? Guess what, good prevails over evil. Since the bible, since stories in general, because guess what.. good is cooler than evil. Here's unpredictable for you, a giant meteor crashes into Westeros and does the majority of the NKs work for him. Littlefinger mindf***s Sansa and Arya into killing each other. Cersei wins over a dragon by sheer political prowess. Edmure Tully finds his way to the dragon pit and kills everyone. Ahhh yes, instant satisfaction due to the unpredictable nature of the show? If you are expecting unpredictability with 1 season left at this point, you are fooling yourself.

I agree with this entirely. I thought the episode before had some issues, but the finale was fantastic and very entertaining. I thought Jamie was going to be killed. Its funny cause I have a couple friends who just started watching game of thrones like 6 weeks ago (and they just caught up all the way to where they are live) and when you ask them, they are like oh man, the most recent season or two were by far the best. I think some people, the longer a show goes, just like to play "critic" vs. enjoy something for what it is (entertainment).

I actually feel pretty confident, all things considered, that Dany will die in this war. I keep thinking that she will be "sacrificed" to win the war, and Jon as the true heir will be the hero. I had been thinking that she would die at some point, but thought it would be because of a power struggle with Jon. Now I'm thinking she will have to die to win the war in some fashion.

QUOTE (juddling @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 01:13 AM)
In the big meeting, when the Hound talked to the Mountain, he asked "You know who's coming for you, don't you??"

Any idea who he was referring to? I didn't think the Hound was referring to himself but I guess it was possible

I presume somewhere in his vision, the hound saw, there was a battle with the night king, maybe?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 07:12 AM)
They should just let the white walkers by and let them take Kings landing. I thought that episode was awesome. I screamed when LF finally bit it. Also they finally locked down theories that we've been speculating for years. The reunion of all the players left was interesting, but I feel like the books would have made that a little less hollywood buddy comedy.

I saw each epi might be 90 min for the last season. That would be epic./

I was with you and then when I thought Jamie was going to get killed, I was like, oh man, totally didn't see this coming. I figured there was some twist from Cersei but it was still great when she was like, what the hell are you doing, I'm going to build my army up while they are up North. For the poster who mentioned Tyrion...I can see where someone reaches the conclusion that he is up to something.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 09:29 AM)
Bran the Night King? Am I missing something?

There is a theory out there that Bran is actually the Night King.

Quick recap on it: Bran has more power than the last 3 eyed Raven, because he can warg. So with that power, he has tried to intervene in past events to try and win the war vs the Night King. Theory includes:

-Whispering to Aerys to stockpile wildfire in King's Landing (another hint that the dead will make it there), this is actually what turned him mad

-Went farther back and built the wall as Bran the Builder

-Warged into the human that the Children stabbed in the heart (and making the Night King) as a way to take over the mind of the Night King and prevent him from becoming a thing. But instead he went too far back in time and his consciousness got stuck in the NK body. He slowly lost himself and became the NK.

It is a really interesting theory, and I could see it become true, but I would think more emphasis on Bran would have occurred this season.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 07:37 AM)
There is a theory out there that Bran is actually the Night King.

Quick recap on it: Bran has more power than the last 3 eyed Raven, because he can warg. So with that power, he has tried to intervene in past events to try and win the war vs the Night King. Theory includes:

-Whispering to Aerys to stockpile wildfire in King's Landing (another hint that the dead will make it there), this is actually what turned him mad

-Went farther back and built the wall as Bran the Builder

-Warged into the human that the Children stabbed in the heart (and making the Night King) as a way to take over the mind of the Night King and prevent him from becoming a thing. But instead he went too far back in time and his consciousness got stuck in the NK body. He slowly lost himself and became the NK.

It is a really interesting theory, and I could see it become true, but I would think more emphasis on Bran would have occurred this season.

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)
Admittedly being very nitpicky here but why on Earth was Theon invited to The Meeting? He serves no vital role for Dany or Jon? Why would he be chosen to be one of the few who attended this incredibly important meeting?

Since the Greyjoys are two separate factions now(yara and euron), and euron imprisoned Yara, Theon is the rep for her faction.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 08:57 AM)
You could tell that story in 9 hours.

Only if you really put a major emphasis on Bran in the next season. I mean, Bran hasn't really done anything with his powers this season except warg into ravens to spy on the Night King, and I guess compile evidence against LF and figure out Jon's parentage? For them to effectively tell a time traveling story where Bran is responsible for all the acts and is effectively two people in one timeline would be a pretty audacious story to tell and have it make sense within the narrative.

Worst moment for me yesterday was Cersei letting Jaime leave. She literally just told him her double cross plan and then lets him leave to presumably tell that plan to Team Targ? If Cersei is done with Jaime, and isn't ready to kill him, wouldn't she have just arrested him?

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 11:26 AM)
Only if you really put a major emphasis on Bran in the next season. I mean, Bran hasn't really done anything with his powers this season except warg into ravens to spy on the Night King, and I guess compile evidence against LF and figure out Jon's parentage? For them to effectively tell a time traveling story where Bran is responsible for all the acts and is effectively two people in one timeline would be a pretty audacious story to tell and have it make sense within the narrative.

Worst moment for me yesterday was Cersei letting Jaime leave. She literally just told him her double cross plan and then lets him leave to presumably tell that plan to Team Targ? If Cersei is done with Jaime, and isn't ready to kill him, wouldn't she have just arrested him?

Personally I think they will show Bran's hand in more of the stuff that has happened thus far. Thats a good way to build the backstory. But who knows. His story confused me in the books as well.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 11:26 AM)

See I don't think it matters. Dani/Jon have to go north. They needed Cersei. Knowing she's not coming won't affect things that much.