**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (onedude @ May 30, 2015 -> 02:51 AM)
Ive been thinking the same. I'm thinking Dorne support for Dany/Viserys has switched with Varys/Ilyrio support for Aegon. Doran is show supporter of Aegon and Varys is show supporter of Dany.

I think this makes even more sense with Arianne actually travelling to meet with the supposed Aegon landing near storms end

Honestly, I think we're going to see Varys in Dorne in the next three episodes. There was a story a while back about a certain actor being on set when they filmed the upcoming Jaime/Doran scene and people were told to keep it a secret. I can't think of another character that would make any sense in that capacity. And if Varys was really supporting Dany, wouldn't he have been able to beat Tyrion to Mereen given their setbacks?

I really don't see an alternative for the Dorne storyline. There has to be some payoff and cutting Aegon entirely doesn't make any sense IMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easily one of the best episodes in the series and a game changer when it comes to the White Walkers. They've always been the real threat, but until now we didn't really know how serious of threat they are. The Tyrion/Dany stuff was also great.

Lots of foreshadowing in the episode. I found Tyrion's comments on Varys particuly interesting ("he's the only person I can trust"). The show has done a good job convincing viewers that Varys is actually good, but book readers obviously have seen a much grayer version of the character. IMO, it's all but certain Varys is not a Dany supporter after watching that scene.

Also, did anyone catch that Doran scene in the preview for next week? He's telling someone to pledge allegiance or die. The question is if it's Jaime or Bronn. If Jaime, seems like they could be setting him for a Jon Connington type role. If Bronn, he may be filling a Dark Star type role, although it seems late in the season for that. Will be interesting to see how this Dorne plot plays out.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 31, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
Easily one of the best episodes in the series and a game changer when it comes to the White Walkers. They've always been the real threat, but until now we didn't really know how serious of threat they are. The Tyrion/Dany stuff was also great.

Lots of foreshadowing in the episode. I found Tyrion's comments on Varys particuly interesting ("he's the only person I can trust"). The show has done a good job convincing viewers that Varys is actually good, but book readers obviously have seen a much grayer version of the character. IMO, it's all but certain Varys is not a Dany supporter after watching that scene.

Also, did anyone catch that Doran scene in the preview for next week? He's telling someone to pledge allegiance or die. The question is if it's Jaime or Bronn. If Jaime, seems like they could be setting him for a Jon Connington type role. If Bronn, he may be filling a Dark Star type role, although it seems late in the season for that. Will be interesting to see how this Dorne plot plays out.

It could be Ellaria too.

So....how was there a boat waiting for Jon Snow at the end of that whole ordeal? People were going crazy looking for a way out and there's a very convenient boat just waiting for him.

Fantastic episode, but this part annoyed the crap out of me.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
So....how was there a boat waiting for Jon Snow at the end of that whole ordeal? People were going crazy looking for a way out and there's a very convenient boat just waiting for him.

That didnt bother me as much as Jon Snow and his friend watching thousands of walkers pour over the cliff and land, and get up. and THEN deciding to run.

But the Walker fight with Snow was just badass, almost as badass as the Walker going out on the dock and raising the dead while he stared at Snow paddling away

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
That didnt bother me as much as Jon Snow and his friend watching thousands of walkers pour over the cliff and land, and get up. and THEN deciding to run.

But the Walker fight with Snow was just badass, almost as badass as the Walker going out on the dock and raising the dead while he stared at Snow paddling away

What got me was a combination of the two: thousands of white walkers running towards them, they finally run, arrive at the dock, hop on the boat and then NO ONE PADDLES AWAY.

Still, amazing episode. Maybe the best in the series.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 31, 2015 -> 10:00 PM)
Full of spoilers for the people that read the books.

"Jon Snow always comes back."

Yup we caught that immediately, if it doesn't go that route now then I would be shocked.

Great great episode last night, of course there were the nitpicking things like "WHY IS NO ONE PADDLING" but that whole portion was done well. The whole valyrian sword scenes were perfect, when Jon killed the white walker we pretty much went nuts.

The exchange between Tyrion and Dany was great as well, the writers do some characters just so well. And if the fighting pits scene is next week I would imagine that we would also see Dany take off then as well with Drogon. I'm interested to see what Jorah does.

Speaking of Jon Snow and coming back, he'll need Melisandre around for that, so how does she come back to the wall? Does Stannis send her back pissed about wanting to use his daughter? Does Stannis get defeated in the next episode and she returns herself? Does she see a new vision that makes her think that Jon is really Azor Ahai reborn ("all I see is snow")?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
Yup we caught that immediately, if it doesn't go that route now then I would be shocked.

Great great episode last night, of course there were the nitpicking things like "WHY IS NO ONE PADDLING" but that whole portion was done well. The whole valyrian sword scenes were perfect, when Jon killed the white walker we pretty much went nuts.

The exchange between Tyrion and Dany was great as well, the writers do some characters just so well. And if the fighting pits scene is next week I would imagine that we would also see Dany take off then as well with Drogon. I'm interested to see what Jorah does.

Ha, the scene at the end with Jon watching, I couldn't help but think that rower was way to chill to not even turn around as a death army was rising its dead. Dude is just a boat paddler, he pays no mind.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
See to me, this confirmed that Jon Snow is Azor Ahai. The way they panned to the Night's King after Jon defeated the White Walker seemed very telling to me.

Really good episode, phenomenal fight scene for being a television show.

Yea that's the theory TaylorSt and I have been talking about, if it doesn't go that route than I would be stunned at this point. And if the other part of the theory is of Jon Snow (son of Rhaegar Targaryean and Lyanna Stark) then I love that match even more. Bringing together the house of Fire and Blood with Winter is Coming to create Azor Ahai reborn, just fantastic.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
What got me was a combination of the two: thousands of white walkers running towards them, they finally run, arrive at the dock, hop on the boat and then NO ONE PADDLES AWAY.

Still, amazing episode. Maybe the best in the series.

Sensational episode.

But I've got to say I agree - I laughed out loud at no one on Jon's boat paddling. I also thought it was kind of funny that the Others were stymied by a very small distance of water...

But that's nitpicking what was, start to finish, an amazing episode.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
Sensational episode.

But I've got to say I agree - I laughed out loud at no one on Jon's boat paddling. I also thought it was kind of funny that the Others were stymied by a very small distance of water...

But that's nitpicking what was, start to finish, an amazing episode.

They have basically no body fat, how buoyant could they be?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 09:52 AM)
Speaking of Jon Snow and coming back, he'll need Melisandre around for that, so how does she come back to the wall? Does Stannis send her back pissed about wanting to use his daughter? Does Stannis get defeated in the next episode and she returns herself? Does she see a new vision that makes her think that Jon is really Azor Ahai reborn ("all I see is snow")?

Mel sees something in her fires and has a stunned look in the episode preview. My guess is that she sees 'Snow' and returns to Castle Black.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)

John sends the boat back to the Ship. He tells the guy that is steering to unload and come back for him and wait...I've watched it 3 times, and it's noticable.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 10:49 AM)
Mel sees something in her fires and has a stunned look in the episode preview. My guess is that she sees 'Snow' and returns to Castle Black.

I'm thinking that the Ramsey attack happens to mess with their supplies. Stannis out of desperation sends Mel, Selyse, and Shereen back to the Wall with soldiers so they don't have to worry about food etc...That's my assumption on how Mel gets back to "raise" Jon.

Edited by onedude

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
John sends the boat back to the Ship. He tells the guy that is steering to unload and come back for him and wait...I've watched it 3 times, and it's noticable.

I'm thinking that the Ramsey attack happens to mess with their supplies. Stannis out of desperation sends Mel, Selyse, and Shereen back to the Wall with soldiers so they don't have to worry about food etc...That's my assumption on how Mel gets back to "raise" Jon.

I wonder if she burns Shireen to save Jon.

I really am starting to think Stannis is going to burn Shireen to save his cause. Based on Roose's comments about the snow & weather this past episode, it seems unlikely Mel could make it back to Castle Black in time for Jon's stabbing. On top of that, if Stannis is really against sacrificing his daughter, he would not send Shireen back to Castle Black with Mel after their last conversation. However, if Ramsay's attack on Stannis' camp is successful and let's say his supplies are wiped out, maybe he sees no alternative as they are all dead anyways if the storm is as bad as it seems.

The other possibility is Balon finally dies and Stannis 100% believes King Blood is needed to finish the cause, but that seems less likely to me. There has to be a reason for Ramsay to attack Stannis' camp and I think that ends up being to put Stannis in a position of desperation.

Well Stannis did it, he finally went overboard.

The Dorne storyline continues to suck.

The Wall is going to be a bloodbath soon, does Jon "die" in the next episode?

The Jorah/Dany/Drogon scenes were pretty cool, a little shocked Hizdahr zo Loraq was killed. My guess is they continue to speed up that storyline and it's no longer about saving Mereen but more about getting the hell out of dodge.