Sox/O's postponed again for 4/28.

MHizzle85

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 18s18 seconds ago

Fans outside ballpark just told me they traded in tickets from last night for today. Were told still scheduled for 7 but could be moved to 4

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch 11m11 minutes ago

No confirmation yet on game status. #orioles trying for 4 p.m. start.

Nobody loves White Sox baseball more than myself. That being said, I think it's crazy that this game is going to be played today. I dearly hope that nobody gets hurt or killed today. These games could of easily been played at another time/in another location. I have the cable TV on now and there's still trouble in the city. MLB should postpone this entire series.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
National Guard has been activated. I expect a pretty strong presence encircling the ballpark.

Heavy national guard presence around park could either mean safety, could also mean "great spot to be seen protesting against tanks and armed soldiers". This series should be postponed, very silly planning. They make everyone go through metal detectors for hours to get into stadium, but will compromise safety of their fans outside?

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
Nobody loves White Sox baseball more than myself. That being said, I think it's crazy that this game is going to be played today. I dearly hope that nobody gets hurt or killed today. These games could of easily been played at another time/in another location. I have the cable TV on now and there's still trouble in the city. MLB should postpone this entire series.

it has to be played, the powers to be will not let the actions of the rioters take any further control of this situation.

the best way, start off with something purely as innocuous as a baseball game. America's #1 past time sport.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
it has to be played, the powers to be will not let the actions of the rioters take any further control of this situation.

the best way, start off with something purely as innocuous as a baseball game. America's #1 past time sport.

Respectfully, I completely disagree. There is absolutely no reason for it to be played, and doing so sends no "message" whatsoever. This is not FDR preserving the American way of life on the homefront during WWII. This itself is a war zone.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
Respectfully, I completely disagree. There is absolutely no reason for it to be played, and doing so sends no "message" whatsoever. This is not FDR preserving the American way of life on the homefront during WWII. This itself is a war zone.

I think the game should be played. Just not in Baltimore. They have a viable alternative 40 miles away.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)

nice point.

that is can be a message that the police, the city government will not take this anymore. set up an area for those who wish to protest, get the so called peaceful ministers and politicians to do damage control.

then treat everyone else doing looting and burning as criminals.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
So they are just playing one game today then?

There is no way they can play a 7 start when there is a 1000 curfew in effect.

good point, this is american #1 past time. i wonder how they are going to work around that.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
It's very difficult to just move a game to an alternate site on short notice. There are staffing issues and ticketing problems. It might seem the perfect solution, but there are hoops to jump through.

They've had ample time since 5pm yesterday, in my opinion.

The Nationals and Orioles hate each other.

We already have hated Rizzo, for a long time, too.

Part of it's the territorial rights issue, like the A's and Giants...with the Orioles feel the Nationals are encroaching on their natural territory.

Another huge part of it is the fight about MASN...which is ongoing, and is at an impasse.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
They've had ample time since 5pm yesterday, in my opinion.

Call up a company of 200-300 employees at 5PM and try to get them to come in the next day when they're scheduled to be off.

Honestly, I'm sure the front office staff could work it with no issue, but the vast majority of the "Gameday" staff (concessions, ticket takers, ushers, guest relations, janitorial) are hourly, non-full time, and unionized in separate unions.

Possible? Certainly, but a tall, tall order, indeed. And it would involve several frantic, desperate people making a bunch of phone calls all night. And, perhaps most importantly, the organization that would be required to pull the miracle off has no skin in the game at all (Nationals).

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
Great, another game called off thanks to these idiots. I really don't know why this can't take place in DC or even Philly. Hopefully they can somehow get a DH in tomorrow, somewhere, making up a whole series is brutal later on in the season.

Unless it matters, have a feeling some of these games won't be made up