Sox/O's postponed again for 4/28.

MHizzle85

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
I wonder with this game being played and closed to the public how many people will be outside of the stadium. Is Camden Yards one of the stadiums where you can see the field somewhere outside of it? I could see dumbass people trying to throw things in the stadium or trying to climb fences and cause problems

There is a street that runs right along the concourse in the out field. In order to get on the street you have a gate from I think both ends. I know when we went last year you walked into the gate at the one end and was able to walk the street. The street is pretty much part of the stadium.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
Ah, isn't this the same owner that voted to strike when he had the best team in baseball? The ownership group has proven to be baseball first, team concerns second. I'm not surprised at all. And they will rightfully expect the same benefit should it ever be reversed and there was a problem in Chicago.

Just a frustrating situation for everyone but especially Sox fans. Sure they get to skip a Noesi start but the long term ramifications (skipping that off day) are worse imo. Team is going to show up in Houston tired as all hell.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
There is a street that runs right along the concourse in the out field. In order to get on the street you have a gate from I think both ends. I know when we went last year you walked into the gate at the one end and was able to walk the street. The street is pretty much part of the stadium.

I'm sure they will have security out there telling people to scram.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
They don't want to have 2 games without concession sales.

The White Sox are working out at Camden Yards today.

More like they only want 4 games without instead 5, their weekend series with Tampa was moved down to St. Pete

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)

Right. You can literally watch a game (far away but you can see home) from the street. It's crazy but not that surprising that the violence has spread that far into the inner harbor. I stayed around that area back in 2010 and I can't say I'm that surprised. Baltimore is a f***ed up place.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
This really just screws the White Sox so bad in May. Now the Sox have to fly to Baltimore on their off day after playing Toronto to play 2 games in one day and then fly to Houston after the double header

The game in Toronto on May 27 should be made a day game to screw us slightly less. Know it won't happen.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
Lol like that will work with hundreds of angry people. Did you not see anything that happened yesterday?

Big difference between people in a riot and some just milling around. If there are rioters at the gates, even locked, I bet they won't play.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
Big difference between people in a riot and some just milling around. If there are rioters at the gates, even locked, I bet they won't play.

That is exactly what I am worried about. These people will know there is a game going on and is a great way to get even more attention, they won't just ignore it.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
That is exactly what I am worried about. These people will know there is a game going on and is a great way to get even more attention, they won't just ignore it.

The rioting is limited to the area north of the park. They're only letting them destroy their own neighborhoods.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
This is game is going to be really cool. Hearing all the pure sounds of baseball and the personalities of the players too. I hope Samardzija drops an F bomb after losing his shutout in the 9th.

My question is are they still going to play the players walk up music and announce the batters and things like that? I could see some players wanting them to just so they don't get out of their routine.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)

They'll also have to get past the national guard.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
My question is are they still going to play the players walk up music and announce the batters and things like that? I could see some players wanting them to just so they don't get out of their routine.

They probably will for the TV cameras. I'm thinking this may be the highest viewed game of the year that doesn't feature the Yankmees of the Red Sox