Sox/O's postponed again for 4/28.

MHizzle85

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can't find a way to play two games tomorrow, they dragged their feet too long. There have been games rained out the day before a scheduled off day, where you lose the off day. Not that much different if they changed venues.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
Call up a company of 200-300 employees at 5PM and try to get them to come in the next day when they're scheduled to be off.

Honestly, I'm sure the front office staff could work it with no issue, but the vast majority of the "Gameday" staff (concessions, ticket takers, ushers, guest relations, janitorial) are hourly, non-full time, and unionized in separate unions.

Possible? Certainly, but a tall, tall order, indeed. And it would involve several frantic, desperate people making a bunch of phone calls all night. And, perhaps most importantly, the organization that would be required to pull the miracle off has no skin in the game at all (Nationals).

are those people who works for the park are still paid??

This is pathetic. They had well over 15 hours to figure out what to do in order to get this game in and nothing was done. I know this is a strange and sad situation happening in Baltimore but the O's and MLB really dropped the ball here. I think Washington and Baltimore should be able to squash their beef for the safety of the players and people in trouble.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
This is unacceptable! WHO DOESNT KNOW HOW TO SPELL POSTPONED!?? IT IS NOT POST-PONNED!!!

Personal attack, lol.

Well, there goes my plan to have to wake up at 4 a.m. on a school day to listen to the broadcast.

Edited by caulfield12

I know the Nats/Orioles relationship isn't the best, but sometimes you have to play with the enemy. I know it's not easy getting staffing together and tickets are a problem, but really, just give all the Oriole ticketholders a credit and give away cheap seats to anyone who makes the trek to DC.

It wouldn't be well attended, so you could get by with a skeleton crew.

If I'm Hahn, I tell MLB either move it somewhere else or postpone game 3. No reason the White Sox should have to spend another night in that situation.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
I know the Nats/Orioles relationship isn't the best, but sometimes you have to play with the enemy. I know it's not easy getting staffing together and tickets are a problem, but really, just give all the Oriole ticketholders a credit and give away cheap seats to anyone who makes the trek to DC.

It wouldn't be well attended, so you could get by with a skeleton crew.

If I'm Hahn, I tell MLB either move it somewhere else or postpone game 3. No reason the White Sox should have to spend another night in that situation.

Agreed. Something needs to be decided today about what will happen tomorrow.

"After consultation with Major League Baseball and state and local officials, tonight’s game between the Orioles and the White Sox at Oriole Park at Camden Yards has been postponed.

"An announcement regarding the make-up date will be made as soon as possible. Fans are encouraged to keep their tickets and parking passes until more information is made available."

www.baltimoresun.com

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
This is gonna screw us later on in the season. We're gonna be playing double headers on our off-days.

All they had to do yesterday is say "We're not playing this series in Baltimore this week. There will be a doubleheader in Washington DC on Wednesday (which gives them almost 48 hours to get ready), and the third game will be made up in Chicago on July 3, with Game 1 having the Orioles as the home team."

That would have been sensible.

All they had to do yesterday is say "We're not playing this series in Baltimore this week. There will be a doubleheader in Washington DC on Wednesday (which gives them almost 48 hours to get ready), and the third game will be made up in Chicago on July 3, with Game 1 having the Orioles as the home team."

It could still be done right now. You have 26 hours to prepare for a doubleheader starting at 2pm tomorrow. Plenty of time to take care of everything.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)

That would have taken some leadership.