Sox/O's postponed again for 4/28.

MHizzle85

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
FOX Sports: MLB @MLBONFOX

#Orioles announced schedule update

Tomorrow's #WhiteSox game closed to public 2:05pET

Weekend #Rays series now in TB

Wow. No fans at tomorrow's game.

That's what I thought would happen when they locked the gates last night. Just let the 600 or so in.But I can understand they didn't want to be at least partly responsible if when the game ended, the area was not safe.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOMORROW’S ORIOLES-WHITE SOX GAME TO BEGIN AT 2:05 P.M. ET AND BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC

WEEKEND SERIES WITH RAYS TO MOVE TO TROPICANA FIELD

Monday’s and Tuesday’s games rescheduled for single-admission doubleheader on May 28

After consultation with Major League Baseball and city and local officials, tomorrow’s game between the Orioles and the Chicago White Sox will begin at 2:05 p.m. ET and will be closed to the public. The Orioles will also play their three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays, scheduled for May 1-3, at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. while serving as the home team. All fans with tickets to games on April 29, May 1, May 2, or May 3 at Oriole Park may exchange their tickets for any remaining home game this season on a “dollar for dollar” basis.

Additionally, the postponed games between the Orioles and the White Sox on Monday, April 27, and Tuesday, April 28, will be made up as part of a single-admission doubleheader on Thursday, May 28, beginning at 4:05 p.m.

Tickets for Monday’s postponed game will be valid for the doubleheader on May 28. Fans unable to attend the doubleheader will have an opportunity to exchange their tickets for any remaining home game this season. Fans with tickets for Tuesday’s postponed game must exchange those tickets to attend the doubleheader on May 28 or exchange them for any remaining home game this season. Exchanges for both games will be completed on a “dollar for dollar” basis.

All tickets are subject to availability, and exchanges must be completed by June 30, 2015. Complimentary tickets are non-exchangeable.

Ticket exchanges can be performed at the Box Office or submitted in writing along with the original tickets and mailed via certified mail by June 30, 2015 to:

Baltimore Orioles

Attention: (Date) Postponement

333 West Camden Street

Baltimore, MD 21201

Fans with questions regarding the ticket exchange process should contact Orioles Fan Services at 1-888-848-BIRD.

I was trying to find a list of sporting events played in empty stadiums. I'm guessing it has happened before, I just can't think of a professional match. I have heard of High School and perhaps a college that cleared out all the fans to play.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
I was trying to find a list of sporting events played in empty stadiums. I'm guessing it has happened before, I just can't think of a professional match. I have heard of High School and perhaps a college that cleared out all the fans to play.

It happens in soccer all the time across the world as punishment to overzealous (violent) fans

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
Why not go ahead and play two tomorrow (when the teams have just had two days off) as opposed to playing two on May 28, when the Sox will be in the middle of playing 17 straight days?

That is what I am wondering. Start the game at 11 or 12 local time and just play two games and be done by 6ish and fly out.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
Why not go ahead and play two tomorrow (when the teams have just had two days off) as opposed to playing two on May 28, when the Sox will be in the middle of playing 17 straight days?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
That is what I am wondering. Start the game at 11 or 12 local time and just play two games and be done by 6ish and fly out.

It's pronounced KA-CHING!!

$$$$ Concessions etc etc

Or with the appeals they are looking to use the twin bill somehow to the teams advantage. Use that day if the appeals don't an out and it might not change the rotation schedule.

I wonder with this game being played and closed to the public how many people will be outside of the stadium. Is Camden Yards one of the stadiums where you can see the field somewhere outside of it? I could see dumbass people trying to throw things in the stadium or trying to climb fences and cause problems

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
Because the Sox got bent over by the league and took it.

I know this is f***ed up, but lets not pretend that there was anything they could do but bend over and take it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
I know this is f***ed up, but lets not pretend that there was anything they could do but bend over and take it.

Ah, isn't this the same owner that voted to strike when he had the best team in baseball? The ownership group has proven to be baseball first, team concerns second. I'm not surprised at all. And they will rightfully expect the same benefit should it ever be reversed and there was a problem in Chicago.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
Now the players could go back to their roots

Hey batter batter, s w i n g batter batter . . .

Too bad we're not playing the Royals. I'd like to hear all the s*** talking from the dugout.