Sox/O's postponed again for 4/28.

MHizzle85

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Im interested in how this is going to sound on the radio. We are probably going to hear Coaches and Players cheering pretty loudly

I am sure they will adjust the mic sensitivity for the background noise that it wont sound too much different from a noon weekday game in April that is below freezing with flurries.

So, let me get this straight; The Orioles will make the concession to the Rays, to travel to Tampa, instead of playing that entire series in Baltimore, as originally scheduled. However, they expect the Sox to come back and play a double header in Baltimore, on a day that would have been an off day.

Seems the Rays will not be inconvenienced in the least. They didn't have to make a trip for nothing, have their entire schedule disrupted, or suffer any other negative consequences. However, the Sox just have to bend over backwards to make it all work for Baltimore. Maybe whoever said; "The Sox are just bending over, to get shafted", or something to that effect, was right.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
So, let me get this straight; The Orioles will make the concession to the Rays, to travel to Tampa, instead of playing that entire series in Baltimore, as originally scheduled. However, they expect the Sox to come back and play a double header in Baltimore, on a day that would have been an off day.

Seems the Rays will not be inconvenienced in the least. They didn't have to make a trip for nothing, have their entire schedule disrupted, or suffer any other negative consequences. However, the Sox just have to bend over backwards to make it all work for Baltimore. Maybe whoever said; "The Sox are just bending over, to get shafted", or something to that effect, was right.

EAST COAST BIAS FTW!

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
FOX Sports: MLB @MLBONFOX

#Orioles announced schedule update

Tomorrow's #WhiteSox game closed to public 2:05pET

Weekend #Rays series now in TB

Wow. No fans at tomorrow's game.

WOW, no fans. has that ever happen in the history of baseball???

ballsy move. i don't know if i like it or not.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
That is exactly what I am worried about. These people will know there is a game going on and is a great way to get even more attention, they won't just ignore it.

Very clearly there will be a lot of security, streets blocked off, keeping people away from the stadium. And you won't have to deal with crowds of fans and have the task of distinguishing them from potential rioters.

There is not one sensible reason, however, why this game or potentially a double header is not being played in D.C.

this is going to sound negative and i am saying it isn't meant to be.

this is prob the by product of the owners group and playing nice nice. not to offend or rock the boat. so yeah, i agree, the sox players are getting the short end of this crap.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
I went to a White Sox/Rays twi-night DH many years ago. When we got there in the top of the first, one step into the concourse we could hear McKay Christensen calling for a ball in CF. There couldn't have been 100 fans in the stands at that point.

Sounds like alot of the games in Old Comiskey in the late 80's. Ivan Calderon RIP.

Rongey just called out the Orioles on Facebook for this entire mess. Said they refused using the nationals park out of pettiness.

He also said the Sox have no say in the matter, it was entirely the Orioles decision. The MLB could override the Orioles but chose not to.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
Since they are going to play with no crowd at all they should have just played in like a local park district baseball field or high school baseball field. That would have been awesome.

This would have been so cool. Imagine if they played in a field with a 250 foot fence? There'd be so many homers. I'd love to watch that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
Rongey just called out the Orioles on Facebook for this entire mess. Said they refused using the nationals park out of pettiness.

He also said the Sox have no say in the matter, it was entirely the Orioles decision. The MLB could override the Orioles but chose not to.

Burn.

ALRIGHT THESE GUYS ARE IDIOTS