17. Nick Banks OF Texas A&M

18. Bobby Dalbec 3B Arizona

19. Jordan Sheffield RHP Vandy

25. Chris Okey C Clemson

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
More mocks because, I'm bored I guess. :D

This one has Rutherford to the Sox: http://www.fueledbysports.com/2016-mlb-mock-draft/

This one stayed the same with the Sox picking Okey: http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft

Rutherford at 10 would be a steal, should be a top five pick.

I like Delvin Perez, been trying to read up on him.

I am also trying to look up info on prep catchers because the college class is pretty weak. I think you should always draft best player available, but I think that you should always. always, always draft/sign multiple catchers (if the pick/INTL prospect is there), a la the NFL QB philosophy. Catcher is by far the weakest position in the sport and it is so hard to find a quality starting caliber catcher, by drafting multiple catchers you simply improve your chances of finding a diamond in the rough.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
Take it for what's its worth but according to MLBTR this is the latest comp round picks after the Murphy signing.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/upda...raft-order.html

COMPENSATION ROUND (bonus picks given to teams who issued qualifying offers to players who signed elsewhere; picks are allotted in inverse order of 2015 record)

27. White Sox (for Jeff Samardzija signing with the Giants)

28. Nationals (for Jordan Zimmermann signing with the Tigers)

29. Mets (for Daniel Murphy signing with the Nationals)

30. Dodgers (for Zack Greinke signing with the Diamondbacks)

31. Cardinals (for John Lackey signing with the Cubs)

32. Cardinals (for Jason Heyward signing with the Cubs)

And the Cards get one of those bogus "market comp" picks too I think. There's your "cardinal way."

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
And the Cards get one of those bogus "market comp" picks too I think. There's your "cardinal way."

As soon as Kennedy and Upton sign, the Sox move back two spots as well. They are technically 29 right now.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
Take it for what's its worth but according to MLBTR this is the latest comp round picks after the Murphy signing.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/upda...raft-order.html

COMPENSATION ROUND (bonus picks given to teams who issued qualifying offers to players who signed elsewhere; picks are allotted in inverse order of 2015 record)

27. White Sox (for Jeff Samardzija signing with the Giants)

28. Nationals (for Jordan Zimmermann signing with the Tigers)

29. Mets (for Daniel Murphy signing with the Nationals)

30. Dodgers (for Zack Greinke signing with the Diamondbacks)

31. Cardinals (for John Lackey signing with the Cubs)

32. Cardinals (for Jason Heyward signing with the Cubs)

Best Case Scenario for White Sox would be signing Cespedes and then: Ian Kennedy/Royals, Yovani Gallardo/Astros, Justin Upton/Angels, and Ian Desmond/Padres. That would give the White Sox the 25th pick and doesn't account for Fowler, Kendrick, or Chen.

• 2 weeks later...

PerfectGame.com has a nice list of the 2016 MLB draft order. They have been keeping it updated as free agent signings have caused some teams to gain picks and other teams to lose picks according to the compensation schedule.

As of now (after the re-signing of Chris Davis by the Orioles) the White Sox are slated for picks #10, #28, and #53.

Edit: Whoops, I forgot the link!

2nd Edit: the second round pick is #51 (Detroit and Miami lost their 2nd round picks)

Edited by BigFinn

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 04:59 PM)
Kyle Murray, QB Texas A&M, is quitting football, transferring to a JuCo, and will play baseball, looking to get drafted next year.

I believe he is a MI

Murray was considered the top prep SS in last years class, but told teams not to draft him as he wanted to play football.

He is not quitting football, he is transferring to OU and will sit out a year before taking over as QB there. Not sure it is fair to call the kid a head case given A&M's track record with running off QB's the last few seasons. I haven't seen anything to indicate he will play baseball at OU. He is not currently listed on their roster, so I assume he isn't playing this season.

A guy worth a flyer in the 11th round for sure, probably no shot at him, but you can at least take a run and see what happens.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)

Not really bogus, St Louis is the 21st largest media market which puts it in the bottom ten in the league and its probably even lower than that as baseball considers DC as part of the Baltimore market. They are sandwiched between Denver and Pittsburgh.

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)
Thank you.

Guys with QO's left are Dexter Fowler, Ian Desmond, Howie Kendrick, and Yovani Gallardo.

So with that, Sox could draft as high as 24, correct?

Best case would be Fowler to Orioles and Gallardo to a team like Houston. That puts the Sox at #26. I can't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for Desmond or Kendrick at this point.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 02:28 PM)
Best case would be Fowler to Orioles and Gallardo to a team like Houston. That puts the Sox at #26. I can't see anyone giving up a 1st rounder for Desmond or Kendrick at this point.

I could see Desmond, but not Kendrick.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
Dream Early 2016 Mock:

1.10. Bobby Dalbec, 3B, Arizona

C.28. Kyle Funkhouser, RHP, Louisville

2.49. Chris Okey, C, Clemson

Not a fan of Dalbec but I could see them going college pitcher at 27 or 28 if they still have that pick.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
HS SS Nolan Jones could be an option for White Sox at #10. Multi-sport athletic type that they like. Mickey Moniak is another HS OF that could be an option around #10.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/draft...rt-nolan-jones/

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/confi...-mickey-moniak/

He might have helium during this season, but I think he is going to be available around the comp pick. If he is, I would love for the Sox to grab him. With that first pick, I think I'm looking at Delvin Perez, Nick Senzel, Corey Ray, Buddy Reed, and Kyle Lewis. Will Benson is interesting as well, but I think he'd be a little reach at their first pick. Bobby Dalbec should be off the radar, too similar to Matt Davidson IMO. I'd be fine with another big arm with the top pick, but they really need to infuse some major upside position players into the system and this is a great draft to do it.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Feb 5, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
He might have helium during this season, but I think he is going to be available around the comp pick. If he is, I would love for the Sox to grab him. With that first pick, I think I'm looking at Delvin Perez, Nick Senzel, Corey Ray, Buddy Reed, and Kyle Lewis. Will Benson is interesting as well, but I think he'd be a little reach at their first pick. Bobby Dalbec should be off the radar, too similar to Matt Davidson IMO. I'd be fine with another big arm with the top pick, but they really need to infuse some major upside position players into the system and this is a great draft to do it.

I think Ray will be gone. I'd love Delvin Perez and think he's probably gone as well. Could be right in Kyle Lewis range though.