2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
He has been soaring up draft boards since he was transitioned into the bullpen mid-season. Has shown very encouraging (but raw) secondary stuff along with a big fastball and good slider.

He was mocked at #11 by Keith Law and Jim Callis and Sox have scouted him heavily. I would venture to guess that he is the back-up plan if Ray doesn't fall and/or Rutherford or another prep wants way overslot.

He was transitioned INTO the bullpen or OUT OF the bullpen? Currently he's a college reliever?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
He was transitioned INTO the bullpen or OUT OF the bullpen? Currently he's a college reliever?

Whoops, into the rotation. Good catch. Career reliever turned into a starter. Has seven career starts, all since April.

The scouting reports on Dunn are interesting to me. Granted, everything I've seen as come via Youtube, but I look at Law's breakdown and kinda scratch my head. Dunn's fastball didn't really look like it had much movement to me and he was missing the zone a lot with it. In addition, it seems like he typically relies on his fastball to set up his breaking pitches and good hitters will pick him apart if he isnt locating. His slider looked tight and maybe a tick above average, but it kinda reminded me of Montas slider to be honest and while I think that pitch flashed every so often, it was never something I would regard as "plus'. In terms of his mechanics, I found them to be lacking fluidity. It would be lazy to make comps to Dontrelle Willis or Dillon Tate, but his mechanics had a little jerkiness to me. All this being sad, Law is usually a pretty solid spot for prospect analysis so I will trust what he's likely seen in person. Dunn seems like a really interesting prospect at 10 if Ray and Rutherford are off the board. If he has the makings of a fast mover, then you really have some flexibility with your rotation to make a possible trade to plug holes elsewhere over the next couple seasons.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
Whoops, into the rotation. Good catch. Career reliever turned into a starter. Has seven career starts, all since April.

This years Tyler Jay. Though Jay only started two games.

Edited by IowaSoxFan

So I have a question about Perez. If he did test positive for PEDs, would he start out in some type of program? Like in the NFL if players test positive for say marijuana in college, they are put into the substance abuse program when they're drafted. Always have been curious about this.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
So I have a question about Perez. If he did test positive for PEDs, would he start out in some type of program? Like in the NFL if players test positive for say marijuana in college, they are put into the substance abuse program when they're drafted. Always have been curious about this.

I do not believe so. He is out of the jurisdiction of MLB at this time.

1.Ray

2.Moniak

3.Senzel

4.Lewis

5.Puk

6.Pint

7.Rutherford

8.Dunn

9.Collins

That's my big board for #10. Love Groome's potential but don't think we are taking him if he falls because he's going to want a ridiculous amount of $ to sign.

Anyone outside of those 10 and I will be really disappointed. Please no easy to sign college pitcher with the ceiling of a #3 most of all though.