2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
27 now with the signing of Daniel Murphy.

This isn't correct. San Diego will have 2 picks (Upton, Kennedy) in front of White Sox. Sox currently sit at #29 with Murphy signing. Iwakuma going back to Seattle didn't help.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)
This isn't correct. San Diego will have 2 picks (Upton, Kennedy) in front of White Sox. Sox currently sit at #29 with Murphy signing. Iwakuma going back to Seattle didn't help.

No, the Sox as of this point in time have 27th pick in the draft. And it should get higher as more players sign.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 12:10 AM)
No, the Sox as of this point in time have 27th pick in the draft. And it should get higher as more players sign.

In my signature, I have the order as everyone is signed already. From what I've read, the draft spots are already locked in and teams who have QO free agents not sign by draft just lose second round pick. With my way they'll still come down when players sign anyway.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)

Those players could always resign with their respective teams. Can't always assume (Iwakuma)

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 12:10 AM)

Yes, technically they do. But when Upton and Kennedy sign, the Sox will move back 2 spots. They have the 3rd pick in the comp round if Upton/Kennedy sign with other teams.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 08:57 AM)
I'm going to go ahead and assume that Upton and Kennedy don't go back to San Diego.

Maybe Kennedy but I only see that if they trade Cashner and Ross and Kennedy is still a free agent in like February and signs for cheap (possible one year deal to try again next year?).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 09:04 AM)
Maybe Kennedy but I only see that if they trade Cashner and Ross and Kennedy is still a free agent in like February and signs for cheap (possible one year deal to try again next year?).

Kennedy should have taken the QO. He could have become a free agent next year in a horrible class of starting pitchers.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
Kennedy should have taken the QO. He could have become a free agent next year in a horrible class of starting pitchers.

for sure, look at those that did accept the QO, they will, if next yr, be given and i am sure some will turn down that offer. making next yr fa list a little bit better.

Take it for what's its worth but according to MLBTR this is the latest comp round picks after the Murphy signing.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/upda...raft-order.html

COMPENSATION ROUND (bonus picks given to teams who issued qualifying offers to players who signed elsewhere; picks are allotted in inverse order of 2015 record)

27. White Sox (for Jeff Samardzija signing with the Giants)

28. Nationals (for Jordan Zimmermann signing with the Tigers)

29. Mets (for Daniel Murphy signing with the Nationals)

30. Dodgers (for Zack Greinke signing with the Diamondbacks)

31. Cardinals (for John Lackey signing with the Cubs)

32. Cardinals (for Jason Heyward signing with the Cubs)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 12:33 PM)
More mocks because, I'm bored I guess. :D

This one has Rutherford to the Sox: http://www.fueledbysports.com/2016-mlb-mock-draft/

This one stayed the same with the Sox picking Okey: http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft

Seth Beer graduated early to start school at college, he isnt even eligible for the draft, so that 2nd website shouldnt really be bothered with.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
Seth Beer graduated early to start school at college, he isnt even eligible for the draft, so that 2nd website shouldnt really be bothered with.

i am not saying yes or no to what you are stating. i am asking if this is like the bryce harper situation, where he graduated early so he can get drafted??? my my memory is faulty, wasn't there something about that, with him??

i am not too sure of the whole events and how it was finally solved.

but in ref to that second site being a site to be taken serious. maybe..... but all it does it add to the reading of more prospects and seeing how it develops. just good reading material, for those who likes to follow the draft.

no offense.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:11 AM)
i am not saying yes or no to what you are stating. i am asking if this is like the bryce harper situation, where he graduated early so he can get drafted??? my my memory is faulty, wasn't there something about that, with him??

i am not too sure of the whole events and how it was finally solved.

but in ref to that second site being a site to be taken serious. maybe..... but all it does it add to the reading of more prospects and seeing how it develops. just good reading material, for those who likes to follow the draft.

no offense.

My memory of the Harper situation is that he did graduate high school early, not to get drafted earlier, but to get into a Junior College program and thus better competition for what would have been his senior year in H.S. His draft date did not change.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:31 AM)
My memory of the Harper situation is that he did graduate high school early, not to get drafted earlier, but to get into a Junior College program and thus better competition for what would have been his senior year in H.S. His draft date did not change.

This is correct. Graduated high school early, went to Junior College, mashed and got drafted at what, 17?