2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 02:20 AM)
Hostetler really lit up when someone asked him about Ray at Soxfest. Obviously the connection with him playing in their ACE program, but he couldn't hide the giddiness.

with some of the early ideas of some real possible sp making a name, Ray may fall to #10, however if Ray hits..... it is going to be a really exciting ncaa baseball yr.

there is really a lot of players who can make a name for themselves and then you need to count the hs'ers.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 11:38 PM)
No way he lasts until ten unfortunately

You never know about the mechanics of the draft, last year the Astros got a consensus top 10 player in the comp round due to some creativity in shifting bonus money around. Its possible the Sox could work out some sort of deal that would allow Ray to slip.

So, where do the Sox stand on picks now that Gallardo and Fowler have signed with the O's?

Answered my own question.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 50s51 seconds ago

#Orioles' 2 additions have moved up #WhiteSox 2nd & 3rd picks to 27 and 48, respectively. Also pick 10th. Bonus pool increases, too.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Dunt @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 03:47 AM)
Through 4 gamesc Ray is hitting .733 with 3 HR and 13 R

well i am extremely happy about his fast start.

i was coming in to post my opinion on Corey Ray. yeah the mock draft pro's are a little apprehensive on his hit factor. yeah as they say, he is extremely raw with a potential 5 tools and great upside. but in the past, he struck out too much, in a ratio with hits and power.

this kinda of reminds me of the profile of c hawkins. i may be wrong, esp in the memory considering hawkins. profile.

i really like to keep an eye on him as the season continues.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
Alec Hansen - RHP - Oklahoma. 3IP, 3H, 2R, 1ER, 3BB, 5K. #MLBDraft. Pitched a total of 4 IP through 2 starts, he's walked 7 guys.

He really hurt himself not playing in the offseason and now people are saying that he might be a reliever.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 05:01 PM)
Hostetler was scouting Senzel personally

in the beginning of the off season, i really thought he was or will be the dark horse as some other not well known hitters.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
Hostetler was scouting Senzel personally

I would be very okay with that pick. Has position versatility in that he can be put at 2B, 3B, and corner OF, approach seems advanced, + hit tool.

Brian Bilek ‏@BrianBilek_ 53m53 minutes ago

OF Kyle Lewis from Mercer is a guy to watch for the #WhiteSox at #10.

Brian Bilek ‏@BrianBilek_ 52m52 minutes ago

Small school guy who dominated the Cape Cod League & off to a hot start. If I compared him to Justin Upton I'm sure I wouldn't be the first.

Had our first community mock draft of the year on the subreddit. I acted as the White Sox and a second team that escapes me at the moment, here are the results.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBDraft/comments/...103616_results/

I ended up nabbing:

Round 1: Mickey Moniak - I was shocked that he lasted that long, I think that he is a top 5 talent and might be the best pure hitter in the class and he should stay in CF and play solid defense.

Comp Pick: Kyle Cody - I got a big arm with Cody that projects to be a solid back of the rotation arm for a plus reliever, should be a fast riser through any team's system.

The rest of the results are in the link

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 05:22 AM)
Had our first community mock draft of the year on the subreddit. I acted as the White Sox and a second team that escapes me at the moment, here are the results.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBDraft/comments/...103616_results/

I ended up nabbing:

Round 1: Mickey Moniak - I was shocked that he lasted that long, I think that he is a top 5 talent and might be the best pure hitter in the class and he should stay in CF and play solid defense.

Comp Pick: Kyle Cody - I got a big arm with Cody that projects to be a solid back of the rotation arm for a plus reliever, should be a fast riser through any team's system.

The rest of the results are in the link

Mickey is a sweet prospect that is for dang sure.

for me, i will go back and preach the idea of pitching, esp when there was front of the rotation #1 projected pitchers.

same thing for the comp you had quantrill, garrett and shawaryn, but you also had craig, abreu and alonso for the positional players. ,

QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 05:50 AM)
Mickey is a sweet prospect that is for dang sure.

for me, i will go back and preach the idea of pitching, esp when there was front of the rotation #1 projected pitchers.

same thing for the comp you had quantrill, garrett and shawaryn, but you also had craig, abreu and alonso for the positional players. ,

I picked who I thought was the best player on the board. I don't think there's an arm outside of Jason Groome that I would have over Moniak, I think his ceiling is that high and since he has a special bat at a premium position it was too good to pass up.

I picked Cody because since he's a senior, which would allow to save money and go over in the subsequent rounds of the draft and he might be able to help a major league team in a bullpen role this season. If I'm looking at contending, that appeals to me.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
I picked who I thought was the best player on the board. I don't think there's an arm outside of Jason Groome that I would have over Moniak, I think his ceiling is that high and since he has a special bat at a premium position it was too good to pass up.

I picked Cody because since he's a senior, which would allow to save money and go over in the subsequent rounds of the draft and he might be able to help a major league team in a bullpen role this season. If I'm looking at contending, that appeals to me.

that is great reasoning .... don't get me wrong, i know last yr, we differ in the philosophy of the draft and esp the way the sox should or hope they will pick.

MM is a great prospects, an exciting CF'er top who can be a 5 tool player. but the chance to get a #1 sp in the realm of Carlos Rodon type of talent, i will go that rt. only b/c the sox are still trying to rebuild and with the team that they have assembled, they will need some pitchers to step up. maybe as quickly as 2017. maybe 2, and the sox have a certified sp in Fulmer.... unless you are counting Beck/Danish/EJ to step in.

this draft is a draft full of real talented SP/pitchers that will be avail in the 1 round and comp.

but this is my opinion. i still like your reasoning.