2016 MLB Draft

Boopa1219

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have always enjoyed the draft and i was majorly excited on this yr draft potential as any in the past. i saw this as a deep 1st round with it going into the comp rounds in the first round. however i still think the 2014 top 5 picks are or will be really hard to beat.

what i do not like is the fav's college players, esp the pitchers are struggling. i am wonder if this will continue thru the yr. if they struggle they may fall. leaving a little opening for other players to move up, or so i would think.

this now leave the sox pick at #10 as a huge question mark and how the other 9 teams will pick. meaning at #10 it can be anyone's guess.

once the top, lets say 15 is sorted out the rest will pick up as predicted. that comp pick will be an exciting selection, with several potential possibilities, like zack collins and drew mendoza being there.

this is going to be an interesting ncaa season.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 19, 2016 -> 01:29 AM)
Sorry guys, I trusted the site and didn't really check the stats. Here is his stats from the team website:

http://gosoutheast.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7...p;path=baseball

He faced the #1 offense in the OVC today and had 8 innings, 3 hits, 1 HR, 10 K. His walks are concerning but he does a great job getting out of jams from walks and errors from his defense (4 today).

http://www.d1baseball.com/player/joey-lucchesi-lucchjo43/

Looks like they fixed it minus the game today

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/d1/current/individual/356

After this weekend Lucchesi is now leading the nation in strikeouts

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 05:44 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 4h4 hours ago

HS LHP jason groome, U of Fla LHP aj puk r consensus top picks for June draft. Phils could take local groome (barnegat, nj)

that is a great point on philly and they are rebuilding. they can go either way.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 4h4 hours ago

HS LHP jason groome, U of Fla LHP aj puk r consensus top picks for June draft. Phils could take local groome (barnegat, nj)

Don't understand why he went from IMG Academy in Florida to NJ for his senior season

White Sox Mock:

1.10. Alec Hansen, Oklahoma, RHP (best college pitcher for 3rd year straight? 5th man to Sale, Q, Rodon, Fulmer by 2018)

1.26. Logan Shore, Florida, RHP (Another arm to bolster system)

2.49. Ryan Boldt, Nebraska, OF (High end college bat to bolster system)

3.86. Matt Thaiss, UVA, C (C is the biggest need by CWS and Thaiss should move quickly, big bat)

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Mar 27, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
White Sox Mock:

1.10. Alec Hansen, Oklahoma, RHP (best college pitcher for 3rd year straight? 5th man to Sale, Q, Rodon, Fulmer by 2018)

1.26. Logan Shore, Florida, RHP (Another arm to bolster system)

2.49. Ryan Boldt, Nebraska, OF (High end college bat to bolster system)

3.86. Matt Thaiss, UVA, C (C is the biggest need by CWS and Thaiss should move quickly, big bat)

interesting mock and no one can fault it.

i see a hansen is dropping so for me, that is not a bad pick. ready to fast track like rodon, maybe fulmer. so i am still thinking #10 will be a pitcher selected. partly b/c i still think the team is still in need of sp, esp those who will not take too long to develop another who can fly thru will be c jones.

i still like krook and quantrill.

at #26..... while another sp can be argued, but i still think a cat will be looked at. collin or debo. i also really like craig-3b, crowe-sp, garrett-sp.

#49 .... there are some really interesting prep players i would love for the sox to get.

here is my little tidbit that i came across, due to some ruling, Kep Brown may be avail in this draft.... i can see him being picked in the 2nd round by someone.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2015...nburg-methodist

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 02:21 AM)
I would be psyched if we could get Boldt with the 49th pick.

there are some really unknown players starting to make a name for themselves.... but i like another week to see if this was a hot week or not.

ref lewis, he is getting hot at the plate in many categories. i am now becoming convince in his hype.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
Great hitter, Sox can't draft a bust this year, need to replenish the system

well at this time of yr and considering that none of are pro scout. i just keep reading any updated scout profile.

that being said, i am not sold on him as a hitter. yeah the scouts has him as a leadoff kind of a player who bats. left handed.

but as i said, i am no scout and has no experience in judging these prospects.

but i would look at other players who will be better prospects at that pick.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 09:21 PM)
I would be psyched if we could get Boldt with the 49th pick.

I wouldn't be that psyched, he was really being hyped up in 2013 and I don't know if he's lived up to the expectations. I might have to go back and look at his numbers.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 05:41 AM)
I wouldn't be that psyched, he was really being hyped up in 2013 and I don't know if he's lived up to the expectations. I might have to go back and look at his numbers.

he still hasn't.... while he is still projected to be a #1 hitter in the lineup, he still has a swing and miss to balls above his hips. but that is what the scouts are saying.

if he continues, he will drop like a brick come draft day.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)

i will say this, for these people who make these mock draft, i give them a lot of credit for not letting their feelings of favoring their team.

i would never be able to make a mock draft.

with that said, the #10 th pick for the sox.... ahhhh no. i don't think so,

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
Why in the world would the Sox take a high school pitcher tenth overall?

at this stage, i agree with you. i don't see a hs'er in the first, maybe one in the comp pick. but i can see a hs'er in the starting to be considered in the 2nd round and later.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:18 AM)
Why in the world would the Sox take a high school pitcher tenth overall?

Best available talent? If Riley Pint is there, I'd hope they take him.

Side note: For someone that has more college viewership under their belt than I, how does Collins game compare to AJ Reed? They seem likely pretty similar players, with Collins maybe having a slightly better eye. That could be a real nice bat to infuse into the system.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Side note: For someone that has more college viewership under their belt than I, how does Collins game compare to AJ Reed? They seem likely pretty similar players, with Collins maybe having a slightly better eye. That could be a real nice bat to infuse into the system.

i really don't know if you meant this post to anyone, so i will take a stab at this.

aj reed is limited, b/c of his lack of defensive ability to 1b and only 1b. his hitting tools are still extremely enticing with power predicted to come later. however he still need to develop more seeing higher comp in pitching.

collins, i am assuming you are meaning zach collins. collins is a cat / 1b. however the pro's are predicting that any team who select him will let him develop at 1b. so he can fully concertate on his hitting development.

nice sweet swing, per videos. the only way to judge is videos and the pro scouts / mock draft. this draft is nice with some really interesting prospect making a name for them selves,. the main fav's, are coming out of the gate slowly.

i would love the sox to pick him in the comp rnd maybe the 3rd selection avail.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 08:32 PM)
I wonder if that site forgets about Tim Anderson.

to be honest, i really don't like that site. however, i thought my personal feelings aside, it will be up to others to decide if they like that site or not.

but maybe this is me, no collins in the first rnd and the sox picking a prep who is not even a pitcher. nah, i have problems with this one.

:lol: