4/29 Games

flavum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
Mitchell all the way down to .050. Has 2 hits on the year. Striking out nearly half the time. And reports of less than stellar attitude.

Let's start an over/under on the date he's released. I'll start with May 15.

Over

I know the standings just aren't that important for us here, but thought it was worth noting... Charlotte is alone in first place in their division, and Winston-Salem is in a virtual tie for first in theirs after winning 5 straight. The other two teams are 8-10 so its not as if they are getting destroyed either. Just nice to see some competitive life from teams other than Great Falls.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
I know the standings just aren't that important for us here, but thought it was worth noting... Charlotte is alone in first place in their division, and Winston-Salem is in a virtual tie for first in theirs after winning 5 straight. The other two teams are 8-10 so its not as if they are getting destroyed either. Just nice to see some competitive life from teams other than Great Falls.

I'm happy about this. Not because I think it means anything really, but because I felt bad that Charlotte opened up that new stadium last year and we gave them a horrendous pitching staff.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
Final lines:

Danish- 6 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 6 SO, 7 GO/2 FO

Johnson- 5.2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 SO

Fry- 7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 4 SO, 10 GO/0 FO

With Fry and Dykstra in that W-S rotation, their infield is getting a workout (Michaelczewski, Rondon, Peter, Barnum).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:52 PM)
Mitchell all the way down to .050. Has 2 hits on the year. Striking out nearly half the time. And reports of less than stellar attitude.

Let's start an over/under on the date he's released. I'll start with May 15.

that was the same attitude he had when some coaches was trying to help him. release him he might do more harm to the team b/c of his attitude.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)
Final lines:

Danish- 6 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 6 SO, 7 GO/2 FO

Johnson- 5.2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 SO

Fry- 7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 4 SO, 10 GO/0 FO

even with EJ little blip, those look great.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
Well, he HAS the power - saw it in ST. But, most likely, he's making some major compromises to get more contact.

I'll stop before I start making broad brush statements on our hitting development.

remember, the sox hitting coach worked with him in spring training, if i remember correctly.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 12:14 AM)
Adams out already after 1.2 innings. 6 runs, but only 1 earned after 3 errors. Had to be a frustrating outing, but seems like a quick hook.

soph jinx... he will pull out of it. i have faith.

Looks at his stats, you can infer that Adams has some issues commanding his pitches. Dating back to last year, he has now allowed 72 hits in 55 innings in pro ball, that is a high number for a guy who throws in the mid 90's, even if he pitches to contact. A 70/7 K/BB ratio says he's throwing strikes, but he needs to throw more quality strikes.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 12:14 AM)
Adams out already after 1.2 innings. 6 runs, but only 1 earned after 3 errors. Had to be a frustrating outing, but seems like a quick hook.

Hope he's not hurt, as that's definitely a quick hook

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:43 AM)
Looks at his stats, you can infer that Adams has some issues commanding his pitches. Dating back to last year, he has now allowed 72 hits in 55 innings in pro ball, that is a high number for a guy who throws in the mid 90's, even if he pitches to contact. A 70/7 K/BB ratio says he's throwing strikes, but he needs to throw more quality strikes.

you make a very convincing point. i am a huge fan, but i will pull down my blinders to really think this one out. a compelling point on the strikes to walks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:58 AM)
Hope he's not hurt, as that's definitely a quick hook

i really hope you are right.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 08:34 AM)
yeah it was great seeing that EJ and Davidson having a huge day.

It's nice, but we need to see a huge couple of months. Alternating between big games and sombreros won't work. Seems like we want to get excited over anything good he does - I get it, the big club needs more power/offense.

Without a significant, sustained improvement in contact skills, he's sub-Mendoza in the bigs. But maybe it's a start.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)
It's nice, but we need to see a huge couple of months. Alternating between big games and sombreros won't work. Seems like we want to get excited over anything good he does - I get it, the big club needs more power/offense.

Without a significant, sustained improvement in contact skills, he's sub-Mendoza in the bigs. But maybe it's a start.

i want to say something that may come out bad.

i totally agree with you, this short success doesn't mean he is over the hump, but i look at it as you need to learn how to walk before you can run.

baby steps of, what i hope will be a huge turn around.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
i want to say something that may come out bad.

i totally agree with you, this short success doesn't mean he is over the hump, but i look at it as you need to learn how to walk before you can run.

baby steps of, what i hope will be a huge turn around.

That came out just fine. :D And we're on the same page - gotta start from somewhere.