4/29: Sox vs Orioles, WPWR50, free MLB.com, 1PM

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
lmao if you thought Shark was an ace, you are sorely mistaken.

Well obviously, he's not pitching like one. But I think that he believes that he either is, or can be an ace, which is why he's so excited for free agency.

My point is that having games like these inflate his ERA is not going to help his cause in the offseason.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
Actually his second half in 2013 was pretty awesome. I don't know why he upsets you so much.

His second half was so good, it propelled him to 0.4 fWAR for the year. The 0.1 fWAR he's earned this year by starting off awesome is sitting on the back of a FIP almost exactly two runs higher than his ERA, a 68% (!) GB rate, and a 90% (!!!) strand rate. That isn't just unsustainable, that's impossible.

No man, it's still a terrible contract that we should be thrilled not to have. It's ok to be wrong about a guy. I'll eat crow on clamoring for Saltalamacchia all day, for example.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)
The White Sox have also played 3-4 less games than most of MLB, which is about 15 to 20% less games.

And read my stats on the 2 teams that played only 2 more games one of which is Baltimore which is at least top 10 in offensive categories.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
The White Sox have also played 3-4 less games than most of MLB, which is about 15 to 20% less games.

The White Sox are 18th in hits/game and 26th in runs/game in MLB. We are outscoring Milwaukee, San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Minnesota.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
Hawk, we are not right back in it. The only reason we even scored was because of an error and we are still down 5

According to another poster, the only reason Baltimore scored 6 in the first was because of an error.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
The guy has a good game and we will ingore the rest. If you don't like Conor, you aren't going to like Davidson.

That doesn't translate, they're very dissimilar players.

If you'd said "If you don't like Flowers you aren't going to like Davidson", you'd probably have me agreeing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:18 PM)
The guy has a good game and we will ingore the rest. If you don't like Conor, you aren't going to like Davidson.

Ya, definitely not similar players

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
That doesn't translate, they're very dissimilar players.

If you'd said "If you don't like Flowers you aren't going to like Davidson", you'd probably have me agreeing.

Not really dissimilar. If you don't think Gillaspie can hit or field, when you get a look, you will realize Davidson can't either.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)

Connor is my least favorite player and I have been following davidson since we aquire him and really like what he brings to our lineup if we give him a shot. His D is not worse then connor, his power is way better then Connor and his batting average might be worse overall but not this year

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
Connor is my least favorite player and I have been following davidson since we aquire him and really like what he brings to our lineup if we give him a shot. His D is not worse then connor, his power is way better then Connor and his batting average might be worse overall but not this year

You're right, the offense could use a few more strikeouts.

Didn't Conor drive in the go ahead run the last game the Sox played?

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)

He is also in AAA. You know AAA stats don't translate to MLB? Just because he is hitting over .240 in AAA doesn't mean he will be in the MLB, it would probably be much less.

Edited by BigHurt3515