4/30: White Sox at Twins, no crowd due to Age of Ultron

Quin

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
No matter what the outcomes I nominate Quinarvy to always start gamethreads. This is awesome. LOL

Normally I wait until around mid-season when all has gone to hell to do gamethreads, but f*** it.

The White Sox hosted the Blue Jays on April 9, 1997, at Comiskey Park for a game that drew only 746 fans.

U.S. Cellular Field played host to a pair of sparsely attended games between the Marlins and Expos back in 2004. The teams played two games at the Cell in September 2004 because of Hurricane Frances. Only 4,003 showed up for the first game, and 5,457 came for the second game.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/baseball/7/71/...d-without-crowd

Safe to say the Twins will beat those numbers.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 09:44 AM)
If you're willing to say that about any one regular season game, you must go through life being quite grumpy.

That's silly. Chris Sale is on the mound against Trevor May. The Sox should win this particular game.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)
That's silly. Chris Sale is on the mound against Trevor May. The Sox should win this particular game.

Of course they should. But games you should win, in baseball, are like 60% events, not 99% or 100%. It also only represents about 0.7% of the season - this isn't football.

You really don't see the huge leap from "we should win this game" to "I seriously question this team if they don't"?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
Of course they should. But games you should win, in baseball, are like 60% events, not 99% or 100%. It also only represents about 0.7% of the season - this isn't football.

You really don't see the huge leap from "we should win this game" to "I seriously question this team if they don't"?

This team gets "seriously questioned" almost every AB of every game.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
This team gets "seriously questioned" almost every AB of every game.

Especially in the game threads.

I get it, I find this team frustrating too. But whether or not they win this specific game isn't going to dictate my view of the 2015 White Sox en masse.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)

I look at it as Chris Sale is our ace. He gets 30-32 starts. The Sox should win 75% of his starts with the rest of the team assembled now.

Losing to Trevor May and the Twins shouldn't be one of them.

As far as "I seriously question this team", I'm sure there's a bit of hyperbole there.

Let me just stop the OP here. The White Sox as a team have serious questions. We all knew this going into the season. We made some huge strides in the off season, but everyone knows it isn't a perfect team yet. Even Rick has said there are things he still wants to improve on.

If your opinion of the ebbs and flows based on one start, you are probably taking the minutia too seriously and need to re-evaluate.