4/30: White Sox at Twins, no crowd due to Age of Ultron

Quin

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
Over at SSS one guy mentioned that the Twins broadcast crew was making excuses for the Sox talking about the travel and disjointed series with Baltimore. GMAFB. THIS IS THE TWINS FFS.

You know things are bad with a club when the 2015 Twins are making excuses for you.

I don't know man, Shark & Sale both s***ting the bed makes me think it's somewhat plausible. Pitching on six days rest in particular probably f***s with their routine.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now that we're not playing the Royals and losing I don't get as mad (at least not tonight). I've kind of written off this season mentally. Unless this team magically clicks, I see it as one of the worst defensive teams in Sox history. Sorry if that's an out of line statement, but our defense sucks and I don't think it's hyperbole at this stage. Bad defense and dumb decision making is a tough combination to overcome.

As far as the game, GLAD to see Micah go 2-3 with our only walk. I know Minnie only had two walks, but the Sox are too free swinging for me. I thought that'd improve with Viciedo gone.

I guess we just have to wait it out. Melky and Garcia had two more hits which is nice.

If Lexi, Eaton and LaRoche get their bats going we might eventually get hot.

Don't know what to say about Sale getting rocked like that.

Awful game obviously. Another blowout loss.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jake @ May 1, 2015 -> 03:04 AM)
I think a big issue with expectations vs. reality is that we have a team with below average defenders at all but two positions, but it's hard to wrap your head around that compared to batting averages, etc. The other thing is that there are only two fast players on the team and several plodders. In those "little things" areas of defense and baserunning, you're looking at a near-league-worst team. We have to be really good when it comes to hitting and pitching to overcome that and it doesn't look we have it in us to do that.

That's a great post.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2015 -> 03:19 AM)
No, the last two games is on the aces. In terms of a turn around, the Sox have a chance that those Twins never had based on pitching. A rotation of Sale, Shark, Q, Rodon and Noesi has a chance to dominate. Cooper probably should remember how to coach.

I'm not a Noesi fan even as a No. 5 starter. That rotation does have fierce potential now it's time to take the next step. So far this year the bullpen has been better than the rotation which is dumbfounding.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 1, 2015 -> 03:33 AM)
I'm not a Noesi fan even as a No. 5 starter. That rotation does have fierce potential now it's time to take the next step. So far this year the bullpen has been better than the rotation which is dumbfounding.

time to take the next step, wow no truer words were said and for me, i am taking it literally. when the team is not performing, when the expectations are not being met, when simple lineup can not be thought out. the time to take that major step is now. this team needs to shaken up. the players need to realize that this is as much as their fault as it is the manager.

the manager needs to be fired. i have been a huge RV fan and defender of his on this site, but i have to realize it and a change is needed. a drastic, a wake up kind of msg needs to be sent. if it isn't firing of the manager, then someone pls tell me what else can wake up this team. what other course can be done??? someone convince me this is not RV fault??

the buck stop with the manager.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 1, 2015 -> 06:04 AM)
Also just give Beckham regular starts at 3rd. That at-least improves the defense and maybe just maybe Beckham has found out how to be a competent bat.

that excuse been way over use to give Beckham many chance or the course of his career.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 1, 2015 -> 06:03 AM)
Eaton needs to be benched for a game or two. He's been brutal to watch.

yes and if i, who is a fan can see that maybe MJ will be a better leadoff hitter, until Eaton gets his stroke back, what does that tell of RV who should be doing this now!!

QUOTE (LDF @ May 1, 2015 -> 12:07 AM)
that excuse been way over use to give Beckham many chance or the course of his career.

Yeah but he's shown some decent ABs this year were Conor hasn't shown jack squat. His bat is slower and his defense is just bad. I mean he would have had another error tonight if Ramirez didn't have his back.

Beckham isn't perfect but he's serviceable for now.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 1, 2015 -> 05:03 AM)
Eaton needs to be benched for a game or two. He's been brutal to watch.

Yes. If he won't draw some walks to go with his occasional hits, he's not deserving of playing every day.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 1, 2015 -> 05:04 AM)
Also just give Beckham regular starts at 3rd. That at-least improves the defense and maybe just maybe Beckham has found out how to be a competent bat.

Yes to this.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 1, 2015 -> 06:00 AM)
Yeah but he's shown some decent ABs this year were Conor hasn't shown jack squat. His bat is slower and his defense is just bad. I mean he would have had another error tonight if Ramirez didn't have his back.

Beckham isn't perfect but he's serviceable for now.

my.... how far we have fallen. i mean the fans. here we were jacked about the season, celebrating b/c the sox had a chance to make the playoff. we thought the team went out and assembled a group of players that can pull it off.

now we are willing to accept serviceable performances.