4/30: White Sox at Twins, no crowd due to Age of Ultron

Quin

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
Be prepared to tip your cap to Jacob May or whatever his first name is.

Yea I've had enough cap tipping to scrubs. The idea of "attacking the zone" against the Sox is usually just throw the ball anywhere and they will swing. So maybe the pitcher did "attack the zone" and have "good stuff" but FFS, at least have good at bats. Have not seen very many good at bats this season. I will also say that if Jose is going to be a leader he needs to go to Robin and tell him to play LaRoche more at 1B. There is zero point in tiring Jose and playing an inferior defender 6 days out of 7.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
I just wanted to point out that the Astros are 14-7. I had no idea. Huh.

I listened to an interview with their manager on Rome this morning. I was very, very impressed. Contrast with Robin couldn't have been clearer. I don't even know his name but he sure as hell seemed enthusiastic and had a great perspective on the day to day running of the club verse the longer view of ups and downs within a season. Of course, if they were 7-14 instead it might not have been so impressive.

Just win baby.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
I just wanted to point out that the Astros are 14-7. I had no idea. Huh.

Well, I'll tell ya Stonepony... it's got a lot to do with Bo Porter. Before they got rid of 'im, he planted the seeds in those young players and taught them the right mindset. So much of baseball is between the ears. And that team's lucky they had a guy around who understood that.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:14 PM)
Well, I'll tell ya Stonepony... it's got a lot to do with Bo Porter. Before they got rid of 'im, he planted the seeds in those young players and taught them the right mindset. So much of baseball is between the ears. And that team's lucky they had a guy around who understood that.

#mindset #approach

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 4m4 minutes ago

#WhiteSox for 4/30: Eaton 8, Ramirez 6, Cabrera 7, Abreu 3, LaRoche DH, Garcia 9, Gillaspie 5, Flowers 2, Johnson 4. Sale v. May.

I am all for trying something different but why put Ramirez 2nd when he is batting .194? Also, I thought Ramirez has struggled in the 2 hole in his career or do I have that turned around?

Edit: He is hitting .277 batting 2nd in his career so pretty good.

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
I am all for trying something different but why put Ramirez 2nd when he is batting .194? Also, I thought Ramirez has struggled in the 2 hole in his career or do I have that turned around?

Trying to get him more fastball by hitting ahead of Cabrera and Abreu would be my guess

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)

The Sox have exactly two position players above replacement level right now: Abreu and Beckham. The same two are the only ones hitting better than league average. At this point it doesn't even matter who's hitting second if nobody's hitting.

(Although of all those below average regulars, Alexei is the most belowest.)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Eh, it is just lifeless Robin doing unpassionate things, amirite?

Not what I am saying, I am all for changes when struggling. We will see what happens but Ramirez still has to change up his approach moving in the 2 hole as well.