4/30: White Sox at Twins, no crowd due to Age of Ultron

Quin

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
I'm not grumpy, I'm just making a point. If the Sox can't win with Chris Sale pitching against the lowly Twins, there is seriously something wrong with this team.

You have the same mindset with your baseball team as you would with your football team. Its not live or die each game with baseball.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
You have the same mindset with your baseball team as you would with your football team. Its not live or die each game with baseball.

I totally agree. It's just that it's a game the Sox should win. It's not the end of the world if they lose, but it certainly isn't a positive sign about the outlook of the team.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
I know this sets up the left/right/left lineup to perfection ( FWIW). But I also like your best hitter batting 3rd not 4th. Hopefully we don't see Jose leading off to many innings.

Melky is a switch hitter so it really doesn't matter if Melky hit 4th with LaRoche behind him or LaRoche-Melky

Noesi vs Nolasco on Saturday.

Looking like the suspension appeals aren't getting dropped until after Detroit. If I had to guess, there will be six different Sox starters next week for the six games against the Tigers and Reds, and then Samardzija, Quintana, and Noesi will hit in Milwaukee.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Have you ever played the game? I think you might have a different perspective if you did.

Yes I played through DIII and was a starter my upper class years. I've talked about it numerous times. My claim to fame is going 0-3 with 3 k against Jim Dieters, Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) legend who went on to be drafted in the 8th round by the tribe and made it as high as AA ball.

I partook in a ton of showcases and for a minute was looking to play DII or Juco on scholie before going with my academic school of choice at DIII level.

And I still feel the same about RV. I played for firey managers and calm managers. I always preferred the red asses personally.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
This is bizarre. Stone is doing color, but there is no PBP. Hawk's mike must not be working and they don't know it.

I always have wished to be able mute Hawk and just listen to Stone. I'd pay good money for it.