5/2 - White Sox vs Twins

flavum

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
There's no way he can be comfortable warming up as a reliever compared to a starter

I know. It's like the dumbest f***ing thing. Just because if worked with Sale doesn't mean it's going to work with Rodon. STOP FORCING A ROUND PEG INTO A SQUARE HOLE.

Jesus. Not only are they burning his service time they are putting high stress innings on his arm and he's not working on what he needs to work on against AAA hitters.

f*** this man everything this team does is stupid.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
Rodon quickly realzing the difference between AAA and MLB. With 2 strikes, MLB hitters can foul off 98 mph.

I think you are totally wrong. He is a starter and right now is the Sox number 3 starter. HE IS NOT A RELIEF PITCHER. Noesi can't pitch out of the bullpen. He might be worse then me as a relief pitcher. Yet he is in the majors

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)
I know. It's like the dumbest f***ing thing. Just because if worked with Sale doesn't mean it's going to work with Rodon. STOP FORCING A ROUND PEG INTO A SQUARE HOLE.

Jesus. Not only are they burning his service time they are putting high stress innings on his arm and he's not working on what he needs to work on against AAA hitters.

f*** this man everything this team does is stupid.

Sale already had 3 pitches and good command when he came up. Rodon has 2 and mediocre command. You need to let him be a starter and get into a rhythm.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
I think you are totally wrong. He is a starter and right now is the Sox number 3 starter. HE IS NOT A RELIEF PITCHER. Noesi can't pitch out of the bullpen. He might be worse then me as a relief pitcher. Yet he is in the majors

Read my other posts. It's not his fault. They are f***ing him up. He should be either in AAA or starting for the Sox. None of this pen bulls***. He has never worked as a reliever it's obviously too much to handle for him and who can blame him.

I'm blaming the Sox not Rodon.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:01 PM)

Who cares about Noesi? He will likely get DFA this season.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
I don't think the problem is so much using him as a reliever as much as it is using him in high pressure situations with runners on base. I think Stone agrees he should be starting innings.

Or, you know, after he's PROVEN he can work as a high leverage LOOGY then you put him in. Apparently he's Matt Thornton the way RV uses him. Yea it's the 5th inning but that was a high leverage spot. Frankly Duke would have been better. But you know, relievers have roles I guess god forbid Duke would come in before the 7th.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Another in a long line of stupid personnel decisions when handling the prospects.

They are obviously managing his innings so he doesn't hit his threshold earlier in the year when it might matter. He will be in the rotation in less than a month.

Though it's not going to matter if the rest of the team is playing dogs*** baseball like they are currently.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
Or, you know, after he's PROVEN he can work as a high leverage LOOGY then you put him in. Apparently he's Matt Thornton the way RV uses him. Yea it's the 5th inning but that was a high leverage spot. Frankly Duke would have been better. But you know, relievers have roles I guess god forbid Duke would come in before the 7th.

Jennings

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
They are obviously managing his innings so he doesn't hit his threshold earlier in the year when it might matter. He will be in the rotation in less than a month.

Not that it really matters if he hits his innings cap early. It's not going to matter if the rest of the team is playing dogs*** baseball like they are currently.

I don't see how pitching in relief is helping him work in his changeup and command though. Instead, seems like it's just allowing him to overthrow and rely on two pitches.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)

That's what happens when you hire a guy who has never coached at any level to manage your major league club.