Sox Dead Last in Runs Scored

Will the offense rebound?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Will the offense rebound?

• No, this offense is Brent Lillibridge bad.
    • Yes, but the offense is still incredibly flawed.
    • Yes, our offense will be average when all is said and done.
    • Yes, we're a sleeping giant ready to awake.

Balta's thread yesterday reversed-jinxed the pitching, so I'm hoping that this thread will get the offense back on track.

So real questions to generate some discussion?

1) Will the offense rebound? Poll included.

2) If not, any ideas on how to fix or spark it?

I will say this, we can't afford scoring two or less runs a game much longer and Robin & Rick will need to do something soon if this keeps up.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes down to half our line up hitting poorly.

Eaton .192

Ramirez .197

Gillaspie .208

La Roche .208

Flowers .217

Compare that to the 4 players that are actually hitting ok.

Johnson .250

Cabrera .263

Abreu .278

Avi Garcia .310

Robin has tried to shake things up by batting Johnson at Lead off and playing Shuck instead of Eaton but if the hitters don't come out of a slump, then we may see more of Beckham, Soto and Bonafacio.

Our hitters are woeful at the moment.

I have always liked what Gillaspie brigs to the table against RH pitching,but he has been putrid. Hoping to see Gordon out there today.

Eaton and LaRoche need to step it up big time.

I feel like alexei has been squaring the ball up for a good chuck of his ABs, w not much to show for it. I don't worry as much about him.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 2, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
I have always liked what Gillaspie brigs to the table against RH pitching,but he has been putrid. Hoping to see Gordon out there today.

Eaton and LaRoche need to step it up big time.

I feel like alexei has been squaring the ball up for a good chuck of his ABs, w not much to show for it. I don't worry as much about him.

Its Gillaspie and his injury I worry most about.

Flowers is hitting what I expected him to hit and Eaton and La Roche will come out of the slump.

I keep wondering if La Roche playing more at 1st base and Abreu playing more at DH will improve our defense and bring La Roche out of the slump.

When you have a Tyler Flowers starting on your team, you need a lot more talent to compensate to win a division. There is nothing he can make up for being below average. When some guys can't hit they can still make up for it in defense.

I still don't get how the names change but the offense production is still the same. I guess you blame that on your advance scouts. Recruiting someone for the NL to be a DH may be another fail. It's not a rocket science to realize both leagues are different in play.

Edited by kitekrazy

3b, C, 2B were obvious holes

CF was scrappy but S Pods on a good day

1b was due for some regression once the league got to know him

DH always starts slow

SS is old

RF has talent but is unproven.

Why are people so surprised the offense sucks? The ceiling was great but the floor was just as low.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 2, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
3b, C, 2B were obvious holes

CF was scrappy but S Pods on a good day

1b was due for some regression once the league got to know him

DH always starts slow

SS is old

RF has talent but is unproven.

Why are people so surprised the offense sucks? The ceiling was great but the floor was just as low.

It was average last year and they improved at most positions, even factoring in regression from Jose and even Eaton. That it's been league worst so far this year is just completely inexplicable IMO. Like rolling a dice and getting snake eyes 3 times in a row. In fact, it's so variant that I think some of it lies with lack of mental preparation and readiness stemming from Robin's poor leadership.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:46 PM)
It was average last year and they improved at most positions, even factoring in regression from Jose and even Eaton. That it's been league worst so far this year is just completely inexplicable IMO. Like rolling a dice and getting snake eyes 3 times in a row. In fact, it's so variant that I think some of it lies with lack of mental preparation and readiness stemming from Robin's poor leadership.

I agree and don't really see any reason why Robin should keep his job right now, but I do wonder if people got their expectations a little too high

Notice how we never blame the hitting coach now that the hated Walker is gone? I don't even know who our hitting coach is to tell you the truth. It's all cliche. This current hitting coach should be getting roasted over the coals as much as Walker was.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 2, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
Notice how we never blame the hitting coach now that the hated Walker is gone? I don't even know who our hitting coach is to tell you the truth. It's all cliche. This current hitting coach should be getting roasted over the coals as much as Walker was.

There's probably a 25 man roster in Chicago that doesn't know him either.