Why should Robin Ventura have a MLB manager job

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 3, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
The problem with firing a manager in the middle of a season, is that you are mostly limited to in-house replacements or guys out of jobs. Even guys out of jobs are going to want some security for a few years to right the ship. Now there could be someone w a ton of baggage out of a job and then the Sox would have some leverage. The other problem with an interim manager is it could have a negative impact on the young players. Having 3 managers in the course of a year telling a young player to do 3 different things can be a big problem with certain players.

As far as Cooper goes, he should not be the interim. He needs to stay focused on the young pitchers. My guess is that if the Sox bring in a new manager next year, he may want his own pitching coach.

I think the best bet is you ride Robin out for the year and make a change in the offseason. Certainly a team w Abreu, Sale and Rodon alone will attract some quality candidates.

i understand what you are saying, for the most part i agree esp with cooper as interim.

let me plays devils advocate, well b/c i like to play it.

is this team lack of performance this yr is on RV??? why???

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 3, 2015 -> 08:18 AM)
Because constantly turning over the roster and expecting different results from the same manager is more logical.

Well, more talent but the same woeful results and apathetic, disinterested style of play. Why?

There is no apathetic , disinterested play. You doomsdayers just made that up.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (LDF @ May 3, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
i understand what you are saying, for the most part i agree esp with cooper as interim.

let me plays devils advocate, well b/c i like to play it.

is this team lack of performance this yr is on RV??? why???

b/c a good manager will find ways to motivate his team and get them to performed. sometimes a manager needs to be the cheerleader in the dugout.

This team is absolutely unwatchable. I refuse until the hire a legit manager with a proven track record. If we get swept today, now is the time. How long can we keep waiting? First it was only the fourth game. Then it was only the second week. This manager sucks and has proven it. It's not all on him but this team is playing like s*** and change is needed. JR has spent too much for them just keep running in quick sand. 8-13 isn't the end of the world but change is needed. They're only pissing off the fans because we know Robin isn't the man. I don't know who I want. Probably Gardenhire. I've liked him in Minnesota. Yes, he's lost a bunch of games the past few years, but he had terrible teams. With good teams he's shown the ability to win. I liked how his teams were fundamentally strong. I want that here. Pitching and defense wins. Time to get that guy in here to hold this team accountable and get this ship back on track.

Edited by Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 3, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
This team is absolutely unwatchable. I refuse until the hire a legit manager with a proven track record. If we get swept today, now is the time. How long can we keep waiting?

then it might be a long time when you get back to watching the team.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 3, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
It will be. I love this team but it's a waste to spend the money on the players and have a clown for a manager.

like ronald reagan once said. the trickle down effect starts at the top.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
This doesn't help your prediction of a big boost in attendance this year, FWIW.

interesting question, didn't the sox got a big boost in season tickets already???

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 3, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
There's just no reason to stick with Ventura after the performance today.

I kind of hope Robin does get fired, for two reasons -

1. To shut up the fire Robin crowd

2. So that people will see that this team is bad regardless of who is steering.

QUOTE (daggins @ May 3, 2015 -> 05:37 PM)

If they keep losing after he gets fired, it's not relevant. Ventura didn't have this team ready to go on April 6th.

If they fire Robin, they know the season is over. Then the trades happen. Then the kids come up and lose.

The majority of fans have this right--Robin needs to be replaced.

QUOTE (daggins @ May 3, 2015 -> 10:37 PM)

so the players on the team is just bad, don't deserve to be in the mlb, so by your statement, no one is good to be on this team.