5/3 - Sox @ Twins

Heads22

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 3, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
He better. It's not too late to right the ship.

No, actually I think they've played themselves out of being mediocre.

All they had to do is play .500 in the division the first five weeks, get their share of wins, stay in the race, and then make a couple moves in July to get over the hump.

That's over.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 3, 2015 -> 05:09 PM)
Either one of them would be better than Robin IMO.

At the time Ventura was hired, Parent was way more qualified than Robin.

Now? Clean house, please. All of them.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 3, 2015 -> 05:13 PM)
It seemed like everyone loved Cooper, but I was never particularly fond of him. I would give him the boot too, even though he's been here the longest.

Coop is competent. I don't think anyone would argue that. But he's also too comfortable, cocky, arrogant, and overrated.

Rich Dotson deserves a shot. He's already worked with Rodon.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 3, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
It seemed like everyone loved Cooper, but I was never particularly fond of him. I would give him the boot too, even though he's been here the longest.

coop in still among the 5 best pitching coach in the mlb. but i can guess he was also mentor RV as manager, well that experiment failed.

it takes more that being a really good player to become a very good coach / manager.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 3, 2015 -> 11:01 PM)
The problem is we would be stuck with Cooper or Parent probably. I doubt we hire someone during the season

I want Cooper desperately as interim. I am dying to see how mad he gets at press conferences. If this team is going to be this abysmal let's add some funny stuff. ... unless somebody bored would like to come aboard for the rest of the season like Lasorda, LaRussa, Leyland, Gardy. Anybody like that would nullify my desire for Coop. And of course my earlier suggestion for Ozzie. $50,000 salary rest of season with major incentives for getting wildcard and ALCS and WS of course. If he mouths off at all, bye bye. Who cares about $50,000. If he excels he gets one year deal for next season with similar figures. He'd probably manage for nothing to try to reinvent himself.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
I want Cooper desperately as interim. I am dying to see how mad he gets at press conferences. If this team is going to be this abysmal let's add some funny stuff. ... unless somebody bored would like to come aboard for the rest of the season like Lasorda, LaRussa, Leyland, Gardy. Anybody like that would nullify my desire for Coop. And of course my earlier suggestion for Ozzie. $50,000 salary rest of season with major incentives for getting wildcard and ALCS and WS of course. If he mouths off at all, bye bye. Who cares about $50,000. If he excels he gets one year deal for next season with similar figures. He'd probably manage for nothing to try to reinvent himself.

lol