5/5 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 5, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
He's got a pretty good and accurate arm unlike when ever Big Frank threw I'd cringe.

5-4 throw it to 2B. 5-2, just get the out. Anything goes wrong there and the tying run is at the plate. Outs are what's important. Whether the run to cut the lead to 2 is at first or second doesn't matter.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 5, 2015 -> 10:51 PM)
Gotta axe Micah. He doesn't produce enough offense for me to give a s*** about his speed.

Sanchez is a .250 hitter with no speed and no ability to take pitches or bunt like Micah so let's make the struggling offense even worse that will solve a lot

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 5, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
Yep, 7 feet, compared to average of 5 feet 10 inches.

Is that recent info because I found an article that said the same thing and it was from 2011. Most pitcher should be around 80-100% of their height. Robertson is way beyond 100% and that does add "virtual" velocity to his pitch speed.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 5, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
Is that recent info because I found an article that said the same thing and it was from 2011. Most pitcher should be around 80-100% of their height. Robertson is way beyond 100% and that does add "virtual" velocity to his pitch speed.

Nope it was from that source. Don't imagine it's changed that much though.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
5-4 throw it to 2B. 5-2, just get the out. Anything goes wrong there and the tying run is at the plate. Outs are what's important. Whether the run to cut the lead to 2 is at first or second doesn't matter.

Wow, you said something even I can agree with.

Keep it up. Atta boy!

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 5, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
Gotta axe Micah. He doesn't produce enough offense for me to give a s*** about his speed.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 5, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
Sanchez is a .250 hitter with no speed and no ability to take pitches or bunt like Micah so let's make the struggling offense even worse that will solve a lot

Here's the thing. A decision needs to be made on Bonifacio. If he's unusable as a defensive replacement for Micah, than he really has very little utility outside of PR and occasional platoon. Find a way to move him, and call up Sanchez.

And LaRoche should be at 1B in the 9th, too.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ May 5, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Here's the thing. A decision needs to be made on Bonifacio. If he's unusable as a defensive replacement for Micah, than he really has very little utility outside of PR and occasional platoon. Find a way to move him, and call up Sanchez.

And LaRoche should be at 1B in the 9th, too.

You can't put LaRoche at 1B in the 9th, that takes away the DH.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 5, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)

If you're getting minimal production from 2B you want it to atleast be on the defensive end.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 5, 2015 -> 11:56 PM)
If you're getting minimal production from 2B you want it to atleast be on the defensive end.

2 errors in 21 games makes him one of our better defensive infielders

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2015 -> 03:44 AM)
The speed of the game is too fast for Johnson at this point.

I would agree.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2015 -> 03:45 AM)
Abreu made the play, but it was sure a stupid decision.

I would agree. Quite dumb.