Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

33 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah takes place after Civil War from everything I have read.

That's totally clear from the first trailer, he is wearing an ankle bracelet because he helped out Captain America and asks the Wasp if she'd have joined in.

The question is whether it'll happen at the same time as the thing we all just saw.

16 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

That's totally clear from the first trailer, he is wearing an ankle bracelet because he helped out Captain America and asks the Wasp if she'd have joined in.

The question is whether it'll happen at the same time as the thing we all just saw.

Maybe we will get an end credit scene where Scott, Hope and Hank are having a conversation and then Hank starts to slowly disintegrate?

2 minutes ago, knightni said:

Hawkeye's family disintegrating may bring him back as well.

I think the disintegration of half of the population of the universe will bring him and Ant man back.   I doubt they will be so worried about the Sokovia accords

10 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

I've been wondering about the "snapture". Was it possible that Thanos could die? If not it wasnt really random like he claimed. 

I'm not sure but would guess the glove gave him immunity? Maybe? I dunno

9 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

I've been wondering about the "snapture". Was it possible that Thanos could die? If not it wasnt really random like he claimed. 

He had the glove, he could do whatever he wanted. If he wanted to make the rules that it was random other than him, there was nothing stopping him. If he wanted to exclude planets he'd already killed, he could have done that (it would have been rather rude for him to hit them again but what can you do?)

On 5/1/2018 at 11:22 PM, caulfield12 said:

https://www.inverse.com/article/44383-avengers-infinity-war-thanos-ethics-philosophy

Tons of Avengers Infinity War fans think Thanos (utilitarianism combined with lottery selected genocide) might actually be right

I understand the argument, but if you have nearly unlimited power to do whatever you want to reality, why not just make resources enough that no one has to die and make their replenish rate fast enough that sustainability is never a problem again?

It's pretty incredible that this movie is already in the All-Time Top 10 (second biggest opening in China with $200 million) and almost nobody REALLY LOVES IT.

My wife's Chinese co-workers all went in a big group this weekend (they're the kind that pay $100+ for a collector's figure) and they were generally disappointed.

Looking back, I think Thanos is one of the best villains to come around in a long time, but it still felt like the viewer was tricked or teased.  Guess we'll have to wait and see how well the next installment does, but it's hard to imagine it will surpass this one.

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

It's pretty incredible that this movie is already in the All-Time Top 10 (second biggest opening in China with $200 million) and almost nobody REALLY LOVES IT.

My wife's Chinese co-workers all went in a big group this weekend (they're the kind that pay $100+ for a collector's figure) and they were generally disappointed.

Looking back, I think Thanos is one of the best villains to come around in a long time, but it still felt like the viewer was tricked or teased.  Guess we'll have to wait and see how well the next installment does, but it's hard to imagine it will surpass this one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

It's pretty incredible that this movie is already in the All-Time Top 10 (second biggest opening in China with $200 million) and almost nobody REALLY LOVES IT.

Too vague, my man. How did you feel tricked or teased? Just curious.

Disney is basically a propaganda machine at this point. I didn't have much interest in the movie and I still went to see it just to see what I was missing out on. It was fine. It's basically Transformers with much better one-liners. 

I definitely refuse to waste my money on Solo. There's no way I believe the positive early reviews aren't just coming from Disney shills. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

15 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Disney is basically a propaganda machine at this point. I didn't have much interest in the movie and I still went to see it just to see what I was missing out on. It was fine. It's basically Transformers with much better one-liners. 

I respect everyone's opinion, but C'mon man. You're better than this.

40 minutes ago, Brian said:

I respect everyone's opinion, but C'mon man. You're better than this.

Hey man, I said it has better one liners. 😁

I just can't suspend disbelief when I watch these movies. I have no clue who's more powerful than who. It's totally inconsistent in that regard. I didn't for a second believe they actually killed off  fucking Spiderman. I just think they're dull. They're seriously about as suspenseful Transformers for me. 

With that said, I think X2, Deadpool, Winter Soldier, Logan and Days of Future Past are excellent standalone movies.