Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

On 5/18/2018 at 11:23 PM, Steve9347 said:

Hands down, Deadpool 2 was 10x better than the first one. Don’t know how, but it was.

I disagree. It was 100x times better! I sat there smiling the whole time.

so great

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I just want to be clear on something. You went into Avengers, a movie probably 70% CGI set in mostly fictitious locations involving superhero’s and spaceships, but you can’t suspend disbelief? I think that may be a “you” problem.🤨

Nah. The sign of a good storytelling is that it immerses you despite the subject matter. Sci Fi is my favorite genre for a reason. I have no problem suspending disbelief, but it's tough when there's little consistency in the universe they create eg the characters powers and how they relate to other characters. You're post is far too simplistic. 

This is the second time you've been combative if I don't like a film you do. The first was one of the newer Star Wars. Don't be so insecure. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Brian said:

Ant-man and the Wasp was good but not great. May look back in a few years and wonder what the point was outside of the credit scene.

Still fun though.

It's a palette cleanser. At some point Marvel just needs to put out something that is fun and doesn't advance much.

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It's a palette cleanser. At some point Marvel just needs to put out something that is fun and doesn't advance much.

Agreed. Just letting us know where AntMan was during infinity war

https://screenrant.com/josh-brolin-thanos-snap-reddit-ban/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Josh Brolin has recreated the climactic finger snap moment of Avengers: Infinity War in so that a subreddit can ban of half of its users. The Reddit forum r/thanosdidnothingwrong is paying homage to Thanos’ motivations in the film by perfectly balancing its list of subscribers to mirror the way that the villain murdered half the universe to create stability.

https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/status/1016001808039383047?s=20

• 2 weeks later...

James Gunn has been removed as director of the Guardians Of The Galaxy series after a batch of old social media dispatches were unearthed that touched on areas like pedophilia and rape. In the latest shocking #metoo development in the entertainment industry, Gunn was severed from the Marvel Comics Universe after a slew of social media posts he wrote before getting Guardians of the Galaxy surfaced. According to Fox News, they were posted because Gunn is an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump and the effort was to knock him down a few pegs.

Mission accomplished. Gunn has long been a provocateur who has drawn ire in the past for his unusual humor. Among the tweets that forced Disney and Marvel’s hand were: “I like when little boys touch me in my silly place.”

Another: “The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!’” There were others that made satirical comments about the 9/11 attack, AIDS and the Holocaust.

Disney responded quickly and decisively: “The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” said Alan Horn, Walt Disney Studios chairman, in a statement just released.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/james-gunn-fired-guardians-of-the-galaxy-disney-offensive-tweets-1202430392/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...