Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hell of an episode, the picture is coming into focus 

Is there anyway Wanda is turning heel?

Feels like one of those stories where someone is pushed so far, they break bad.

Wonder if [returning character] is a simulation to help her grieve. 

I dunno but it's fun.

9 minutes ago, Brian said:

Is there anyway Wanda is turning heel?

Feels like one of those stories where someone is pushed so far, they break bad.

Wonder if [returning character] is a simulation to help her grieve. 

I dunno but it's fun.

She has a long history of being bad, it is very possible that she is about to turn Thanos level heel over the next phase

So help me out guys. I followed everything, but not a huge XMen guy. Does the Quicksilver character have a totally different backstory than the Quicksilver in Ultron? I assume so, I just didn’t know how they handled that...

On 2/5/2021 at 8:52 PM, Tony said:

So help me out guys. I followed everything, but not a huge XMen guy. Does the Quicksilver character have a totally different backstory than the Quicksilver in Ultron? I assume so, I just didn’t know how they handled that...

Yes. The backstory for Peter is that he mostly grew up in the USA, became a thief because he could, in 1973 they enlisted him to help break Magneto out of prison, and he became involved with the X-men after that. He eventually realized that Magneto was his father, met him in Egypt, but for some reason no one understands he never told Magneto that over 2 movies. 

He is shown with a younger sister dressed in red at the end of DOFP, but apparently there was an edit where he had a similar aged sister that didn’t make the screen. He never was given a twin in that, although the younger sister was implied to be her.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes. The backstory for Peter is that he mostly grew up in the USA, became a thief because he could, in 1973 they enlisted him to help break Magneto out of prison, and he became involved with the X-men after that. He eventually realized that Magneto was his father, met him in Egypt, but for some reason no one understands he never told Magneto that over 2 movies. 

He is shown with a younger sister dressed in red at the end of DOFP, but apparently there was an edit where he had a similar aged sister that didn’t make the screen. He never was given a twin in that, although the younger sister was implied to be her.

Gotcha, thanks Balta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

so what did everything think of Wandavision overall?

I thought it was good, just played it too safe. I expected that so no biggie but I will say the Evan Peters troll job was annoying. Hyped us up for nothing.

Finale was super rushed I felt. Should have been 10 episodes. I think overall the series was solid, just left me feeling meh at the end. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

so what did everything think of Wandavision overall?

I thought it was good, just played it too safe. I expected that so no biggie but I will say the Evan Peters troll job was annoying. Hyped us up for nothing.

It was a bit annoying because I really liked Evan Peters Quicksilver, honestly he was the best thing about the last 3 or so X-men movies.

they didn't really address her being a nexus being so we really can't shut the door on it I guess

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

It was a bit annoying because I really liked Evan Peters Quicksilver, honestly he was the best thing about the last 3 or so X-men movies.

they didn't really address her being a nexus being so we really can't shut the door on it I guess

Yea this was my feeling as well. I just wish they had been more aggressive in expanding the universe, kind of a big swing to kick off phase 4 with a bang.

9 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Yea this was my feeling as well. I just wish they had been more aggressive in expanding the universe, kind of a big swing to kick off phase 4 with a bang.

Yea, They are probably casting the Mutants in the background right now and have a grand plan for it, so just gonna have to trust them that it will be better than a House of M type disruption

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Well don't forget, this show wasn't supposed to kick off Phase 4. We were supposed to already have had Eternals out by this point, I can't remember if the original TV show schedule had something before this one but I think they did.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Well don't forget, this show wasn't supposed to kick off Phase 4. We were supposed to already have had Eternals out by this point, I can't remember if the original TV show schedule had something before this one but I think they did.

This is a great point and very may well be the reason this was so played so safe. Hopefully Falcon & WS is good

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Surprised no one has commented on Falcon and Winter Soldier yet. It has started out strong so far through 2 episodes.

Have loved the first two, especially this latest episode. The CA series of films are my favorite so this is just a ton of fun to see a lot of the minor villains brought back and storylines expanded on...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tony said:

Have loved the first two, especially this latest episode. The CA series of films are my favorite so this is just a ton of fun to see a lot of the minor villains brought back and storylines expanded on...

I love that they even brought back Georges St Pierre as Batroc the Leaper

17 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Surprised no one has commented on Falcon and Winter Soldier yet. It has started out strong so far through 2 episodes.

The 2 main action scenes have been incredible work for on my TV. Would have fit in perfectly with something on the big screen, really impressive.

They've really taken advantage of the TV format and the extra time to give us the sort of character development we could never have gotten on the big screen. The 8 minute sessions with the therapist were excellent TV, but never would have worked in a movie.

45 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Both series have been solid, but I feel like I’m just watching them to watch them. After End Game my desire to watch any of the future Marvel products has substantially declined. 

So I think there is something interesting to this. There was an article a few months back about how we live in this generation of content being created just to create more content. Meaning.....they use one piece of content as a vehicle to push future content, and it's just an endless circle. The end of WandaVision basically set up "Secret Invasion" and the next Doctor Strange movie. I would assume F+WS does the same thing at some point. 

I get why they can be somewhat unfulfilling or seem sort of empty. Right now....I don't have an issue with it, I'm very entertained. But I would think at some point, I'll get tired of the circle. 

18 hours ago, Tony said:

So I think there is something interesting to this. There was an article a few months back about how we live in this generation of content being created just to create more content. Meaning.....they use one piece of content as a vehicle to push future content, and it's just an endless circle. The end of WandaVision basically set up "Secret Invasion" and the next Doctor Strange movie. I would assume F+WS does the same thing at some point. 

I get why they can be somewhat unfulfilling or seem sort of empty. Right now....I don't have an issue with it, I'm very entertained. But I would think at some point, I'll get tired of the circle. 

I think a lot of that is just interest in comic format.  These characters are at war forever with something, somewhere.  Sometimes people just tire of it.