Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

19 hours ago, Tony said:

So I think there is something interesting to this. There was an article a few months back about how we live in this generation of content being created just to create more content. Meaning.....they use one piece of content as a vehicle to push future content, and it's just an endless circle. The end of WandaVision basically set up "Secret Invasion" and the next Doctor Strange movie. I would assume F+WS does the same thing at some point. 

I get why they can be somewhat unfulfilling or seem sort of empty. Right now....I don't have an issue with it, I'm very entertained. But I would think at some point, I'll get tired of the circle. 

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think a lot of that is just interest in comic format.  These characters are at war forever with something, somewhere.  Sometimes people just tire of it.

Just remember the influence of the weld on this. Wandavision was supposed to be their second released series, Falcon and Winter Soldier was supposed to come first. Black Widow and Eternals were also supposed to have been released before Wandavision. The end of Wandavision was supposed to be 2 months before the next Dr Strange movie, which will include Wanda - the trailers should already have been on TV for that movie. So, the weirdness of the world over the last year is influencing how we are seeing these programs fit together.

20 hours ago, Tony said:

There is a theory floating out there that Sharon Carter is the Power Broker, and I don’t hate it. 

There is a lot of stuff that points in that direction, and with her talking about how pissed she has been about being on the run, it makes sense.

the John Walker stuff has been pretty good.  Interesting little twist in his story, instead of him coming in as a pre programmed crazy super soldier, we see how it happens

20 hours ago, Tony said:

There is a theory floating out there that Sharon Carter is the Power Broker, and I don’t hate it. 

Part of me just wants the Power Broker to be the Power Broker, i.e. the character in the comics, and not necessarily someone we already know. Argument working in favor of her as PB is that we're real late in the game to introduce someone else. Against her as Power Broker is the fact that she's the one who brought the Sam/Bucky/Zemo trio to Nagel, so it wouldn't make real sense for hero to walk Zemo to her guy.

If they do have someone we haven't met be Power Broker, he needs to be played by 50 Cent, because the character's name in the comics is Curtis Jackson.

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

There is a lot of stuff that points in that direction, and with her talking about how pissed she has been about being on the run, it makes sense.

the John Walker stuff has been pretty good.  Interesting little twist in his story, instead of him coming in as a pre programmed crazy super soldier, we see how it happens

I’ve really liked it too. He was very well-cast as well. Punchable face and just doesn’t measure up to Steve (or Chris Evans for that matter at all) but he is a very believable “fill in”, like he is never anyone’s first choice, but he works well enough. 

They’ve made him a fairly layered character in the limited screen time and I dig it. Really enjoyed the series thus far, hope they finish strong. 

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Apparently I just am not allowed to read Twitter today as roughly every FWS  character is trending.

Yeah, I just watched it because it seemed impossible to avoid. 

Great finale, I really, really enjoyed the series. 

Loki and "what if?" on deck for Marvel

also, Disney/Marvel and Sony just worked out a huge deal that will move all Spider-Man and Marvel movies to Disney+ after the agreements with other streaming services end.

it really is starting to look like the MCU multiverse is happening