Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Loki and "what if?" on deck for Marvel

also, Disney/Marvel and Sony just worked out a huge deal that will move all Spider-Man and Marvel movies to Disney+ after the agreements with other streaming services end.

it really is starting to look like the MCU multiverse is happening 

I’m VERY interested to see how the next Spider-Man looks with all the “leaks” coming out about all the past actors coming back, plus the old villains.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, manbearpuig said:

Loki is definitely interesting. 

For sure. I mentioned in the thread before that I’m pretty Marvel/super hero burned out, but yet I continue to watch. I respect that they are trying to do things a little different so it’s not as stale. 

3 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

For sure. I mentioned in the thread before that I’m pretty Marvel/super hero burned out, but yet I continue to watch. I respect that they are trying to do things a little different so it’s not as stale. 

I feel the same...I just figure "what's 30-50 mins of my time a week watching a new episode of these shows or watching the few movies that come out a year."

5 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

The pandemic actually gave us a, maybe, much needed break. I’m really stoked for Black Widow, Spidey 3, and Shang-Chi where last year I may have been “Fine ok”

1 hour ago, Brian said:

The pandemic actually gave us a, maybe, much needed break. I’m really stoked for Black Widow, Spidey 3, and Shang-Chi where last year I may have been “Fine ok”

I’m looking forward to spidey 3 if all the “rumors” are true.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I’m looking forward to spidey 3 if all the “rumors” are true.

This little teaser was released within the last few days and the "glitch" at the end reminds me very much of Spiderverse

https://twitter.com/sonypicturesarg/status/1404423123676504067?s=10

it appears the above tweet was deleted but I got sneaky with it and recorded my screen lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ep2 of Loki, "Business just picked up!"

I love Loki and Mobius together. Mobius doesn't fall for any of Loki's stuff and he's so dry about it. Never knew I missed Owen Wilson doing stuff.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Black Widow was pretty damn good IMO.  There were a few things I didn’t love about it, but ultimately a nice start to this new phase.

Overall very much liked it. 

Taskmaster sucked. Not the reveal, the limited usage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Black Widow was pretty damn good IMO.  There were a few things I didn’t love about it, but ultimately a nice start to this new phase.

I dug it as well. Pugh ruled.

Don't think it really has anything to do with Phase 4. Just filled a hole for Natasha.

Cool credit scene though to set up that series.

Also felt good seeing that opening Marvel signature on the big screen again.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brian said:

I dug it as well. Pugh ruled.

Don't think it really has anything to do with Phase 4. Just filled a hole for Natasha.

Cool credit scene though to set up that series.

Also felt good seeing that opening Marvel signature on the big screen again.

Had they actually put out this exact movie before Infinity War, it would have added some heft to that movie and to several spots in Endgame. 

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Had they actually put out this exact movie before Infinity War, it would have added some heft to that movie and to several spots in Endgame. 

Yeah, I thought something was going to happen to Alexei and/or Melina, with the way she was so willing to die in Endgame.

Thought David Harbour's humor and the family dynamic was actually the star of the movie. 

Some will complain the action/set pieces were too derivative and that it played more like a Bourne or MI spy movie. 

The one thing that felt out of place was the tone... should we feel guilty for BW being objectified or now more comfortably laugh at it because her sister does?  It just felt like the whole global trafficking and discarding of women issue was brought up as this heavy topic and then conveniently dropped for a typical Marvel setting up of something else...mostly connecting the hanging storyline points together. 

Pugh star path on the rise.  The best film she has done was about women's professional wrestling. 

37 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I liked this series the most out of all three. 

I think I enjoyed Cap and Winter a little bit more, but I’m fairly biased in my love for Captain America.

This series should have by far the most Impact on the MCU, but I suppose we’ll have to wait and find out.