Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I would blame COVID...but thats just me.

Also, they are peeved that the Disney+ service gives Disney all the money and it is not shared with them like the Theatre box office.

Edited by RibbieRubarb
typo

On 7/18/2021 at 10:55 PM, caulfield12 said:

Movie theater owners have been killing theaters for years with mismanagement and pricing, the new App age is the result of them being completely unable to sustain their own products and the pandemic just sped up the process

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Movie theater owners have been killing theaters for years with mismanagement and pricing, the new App age is the result of them being completely unable to sustain their own products and the pandemic just sped up the process

It mentions it in the article, but them releasing it on Disney+ was always going to keep people away. Not only do we live in an age of comfort and accessibility, but the second it got placed on D+, it was on the torrent sites.  

Going to the movies is a great time, but it also can require a lot of planning for people with children or busy schedules, not to mention the cost. If I could get it at home, possibly even for free….yeah I’m not going to my local theater. 

2 hours ago, Tony said:

It mentions it in the article, but them releasing it on Disney+ was always going to keep people away. Not only do we live in an age of comfort and accessibility, but the second it got placed on D+, it was on the torrent sites.  

Going to the movies is a great time, but it also can require a lot of planning for people with children or busy schedules, not to mention the cost. If I could get it at home, possibly even for free….yeah I’m not going to my local theater. 

I was more than happy to pay $30 for that content and will happily do so again in a few months if the Eternals is put out in that format. 

If a movie theater wants my money, I would be excited to go there again, if there was no risk of exposure to a virus at the time. So, either case loads nationwide would need to drop to practically zero, or the theater would have to verify that everyone in the building has been vaccinated. 

If they're not willing to do that, then I'll pay a Disney+ fee, or I'll wait until it comes onto Disney+ normally.

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I was more than happy to pay $30 for that content and will happily do so again in a few months if the Eternals is put out in that format. 

If a movie theater wants my money, I would be excited to go there again, if there was no risk of exposure to a virus at the time. So, either case loads nationwide would need to drop to practically zero, or the theater would have to verify that everyone in the building has been vaccinated. 

If they're not willing to do that, then I'll pay a Disney+ fee, or I'll wait until it comes onto Disney+ normally.

Yeah, if my local theater did this (since I'm in NY and they can), I'm there in an instant. Otherwise? Nah.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

They should do what Paramount+ did with A Quiet Place 2 and put it on streaming a month after theatrical release. It's just way too easy to torrent a movie instead of paying $30 and having to sit next to strangers during a pandemic. 

26 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They should do what Paramount+ did with A Quiet Place 2 and put it on streaming a month after theatrical release. It's just way too easy to torrent a movie instead of paying $30 and having to sit next to strangers during a pandemic. 

Totally agree. 

Again, I love going to the theater. I also have no problem supporting films and my local theater. But if I’m given the option, during the pandemic….I know what I’m picking. 

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I'm gonna guess it's the pandemic + simultaneous release. WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki have everyone salivating. 

Shang-Chi and Eternals might struggle a bit as new IPs, but Spider-Man won't be getting the D+ treatment and Dr. Strange is going to be coming off of WandaVision and Loki, so I'm guessing people will be jazzed.

3 hours ago, Quin said:

I'm gonna guess it's the pandemic + simultaneous release. WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki have everyone salivating. 

Shang-Chi and Eternals might struggle a bit as new IPs, but Spider-Man won't be getting the D+ treatment and Dr. Strange is going to be coming off of WandaVision and Loki, so I'm guessing people will be jazzed.

The other problem is Eternals will never get a China box office date because of Chloe Zhao’s comments from about a decade ago…it’s pretty much like she doesn’t exist here, except for the under 35 generation that most appreciates foreign/indie films.

Shang-Chi is non-starter despite making it as “non-racist/culturally-insensitive” as a corporate entity possibly can.

• 4 weeks later...

Not as much of a fan of Episode 2 of "What If...?" as Episode 1; but, to be frank, it's all MCU "What if" stuff that is not that satisfactory.

I wish that they would offer fan service to the comic book fans as well, and make a few non-MCU related What if eps.

On 8/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, knightni said:

Not as much of a fan of Episode 2 of "What If...?" as Episode 1; but, to be frank, it's all MCU "What if" stuff that is not that satisfactory.

I wish that they would offer fan service to the comic book fans as well, and make a few non-MCU related What if eps.

I honestly thought Episode 1 was weak and Episode 2 was stellar.

The long-rumor is they may use these episodes to pilot some live-action characters after

Spoiler

with the Lokis breaking the universe

- so, who knows.

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

I honestly thought Episode 1 was weak and Episode 2 was stellar.

The long-rumor is they may use these episodes to pilot some live-action characters after

Hide contents

with the Lokis breaking the universe

- so, who knows.

Yeah I have read that too. Like Captain Carter might be a character at a later date in some live-action movie or show due to the Multi-verse.

Re: Spider-Man I think they're going for less Spider-Verse (I just can't see Maguire and Garfield having prominent roles in this film if they're included) and more this being Sony's shortcut to their long desired Sinister Six movie. They were probably like "look, you have a wizard that can do multiverse stuff. Everyone loves Molina, Dafoe, and Thomas Haden Church. Foxx is talented. Rhys Ifans was good as Lizard. Just fucking wizard them in and we're good."

Also the devil in disguise poster ... fire up the Mephisto / Daredevil conspiracy engines once again!

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 7:57 AM, manbearpuig said:

Seeing Venom 2 today. I watched the first one for the first time last week and it was better than I expected.

I liked 2, although it felt like 30 mins were cut. Some things just happened with no explanation or build.

Cool credit scene.

• 2 weeks later...