Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 08:04 AM)
I still love Loki, but Vulture is definitely up there

I really enjoyed the entire scene

when Peter went to Toombs house and he drove them to the dance, and figured it out on the way

I think that was my favorite scene. I like that the villain wasn't just a copy/paste of the hero (Iron Man fighting another guy in a metal suit, Hulk fighting Abomination, Ant-Man vs another guy who shrinks, Thor vs other God types. Black Panther appears to follow that style as well).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 08:07 AM)
I think that was my favorite scene. I like that the villain wasn't just a copy/paste of the hero (Iron Man fighting another guy in a metal suit, Hulk fighting Abomination, Ant-Man vs another guy who shrinks, Thor vs other God types. Black Panther appears to follow that style as well).

I think what I appreciated the most is there wasn’t a long drawn out creation of the bad guy. You got a motive, and then skipped ahead 8 months and he was really bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 08:10 AM)

I think what I appreciated the most is there wasn’t a long drawn out creation of the bad guy. You got a motive, and then skipped ahead 8 months and he was really bad.

It was actually 8 years which is the only flaw in the movie. Unless said otherwise, the MCU movies have taken place around the time of their movies release dates besides Captain America: First Avenger, GoTG 2, and this movie. The first Avengers movie would have taken place in 2012. Homecoming is supposed to take a place just after the events of Civil War, which would only be 4 years after the first Avengers movie.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
It was actually 8 years which is the only flaw in the movie. Unless said otherwise, the MCU movies have taken place around the time of their movies release dates besides Captain America: First Avenger, GoTG 2, and this movie. The first Avengers movie would have taken place in 2012. Homecoming is supposed to take a place just after the events of Civil War, which would only be 4 years after the first Avengers movie.

Yeah, no one has been able to figure out the timeline for this one. If you add in the supposed ages of everyone based on the "kids crayon drawing of the avengers" and assume a reasonable age for that kid then Homecoming should have taken place sometime around 2019 or 2020. There's some guesses out there that this was done deliberately and it will make sense later, but who knows.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 06:45 AM)
I Redboxed Spider-Man: Homecoming.

I have a few issues with the film.

#1. Why make him 15? I don't think that he even got his powers in the comics until he was around 17.

#2. Flash Thompson as a short Indian nerd that has no athletic ability at all?

#3. Was this Iron-Man: Homecoming? It was lazy writing to have him cameo throughout the film, in my opinion.

#4. Mary Jane was nearly unrecognizable and Donald Glover's character was a throw in that wasn't necessary - in this film.

I'm sure that I'll have more, but I wasn't that excited about it, and Spider-Man has been my favorite Marvel character since I was a child.

Peter Parker was also 15 when he got bit in Amazing Fantasy #15

I didn't have a problem with the race swapping, the diverse cast was one of the strengths of the film and look at modern-day Queens the majority of the city is black, Asian and Hispanic.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 23, 2017 -> 07:44 AM)
I saw it for the first time yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Nice addition to the MCU. I also think the Vulture is the best villain we've seen so far in this universe, IMO.

For me, no one has come close to the Red Skull who is not only the best villain in the MCU but Hugo Weaving gave one of the better performances in the whole MCU

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 24, 2017 -> 02:10 PM)
I hope Red Skull makes a surprise appearance in one of the upcoming Avengers movies. I know Weaving was pretty harsh on Marvel shortly after the First Avenger came out, but he seemed game for it recently.

Agreed. It's not unrealistic for his character to at least come back.

I really, really, really liked Thor Ragnarok.

I was shocked at how standalone it was, outside of a couple very subtle lines it didn't really focus on the Infinity Stone. Cate Blanchett and Tessa Thompson were both great. Ruffalo was hilarious but the best character was Korg who had me laughing the entire time he was on screen.

I don't know where I would rank this out of all the MCU films but its up there.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 1, 2017 -> 01:09 PM)
I really, really, really liked Thor Ragnarok.

I was shocked at how standalone it was, outside of a couple very subtle lines it didn't really focus on the Infinity Stone. Cate Blanchett and Tessa Thompson were both great. Ruffalo was hilarious but the best character was Korg who had me laughing the entire time he was on screen.

I don't know where I would rank this out of all the MCU films but its up there.

Where did you see it already? I see there is a 12:20am showing later a the Marcus by me. Someone want to test Movie Pass and go see like a 9:30pm movie and then when the clock hits 12, grab a Thor ticket? haha

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 1, 2017 -> 01:36 PM)
Where did you see it already? I see there is a 12:20am showing later a the Marcus by me. Someone want to test Movie Pass and go see like a 9:30pm movie and then when the clock hits 12, grab a Thor ticket? haha

I work for Deluxe during the day.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 6, 2017 -> 10:42 AM)
Thor: Ragnarok was one of the better Marvel movies. Parts of it felt like a Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

I really hate GOTG Vol.2. Everything that I hated about it, Ragnarok excelled at.

Edited by Joshua Strong

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
I'm sure it'll be solid, but I'm about tired of the cookie-cutter plots.

Villain has no interesting motive other than being evil/loving power.

Villain must collect [powerful relic].

Villain drops a portal/destructive device into middle of big city.

Villain commands army of nameless cgi monsters.

That's pretty much Thanos' story, though.