Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 02:04 PM)
Sure, but there's no reason they had to pick Thanos.

Well, they have been building towards Thanos since the first Thor movie, so they kind of did have to pick Thanos eventually. The MCU is based around the Infinity stones and Infinity War, Thanos is the only bad guy to pick for it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 02:15 PM)
Well, they have been building towards Thanos since the first Thor movie, so they kind of did have to pick Thanos eventually. The MCU is based around the Infinity stones and Infinity War, Thanos is the only bad guy to pick for it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 02:59 PM)
Yeah. Curious who else could be the main villain for Infinity War? They've been hinting at him forever and was built up.

I think he's just saying they could have built towards a different story this whole time and not the Infinity War story. Although, there are rumors that the Captain Marvel movie is going to set up a "Secret Invasion" story-line with the Skrull (possibly for Avengers 4 or beyond).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 09:59 PM)
Yeah. Curious who else could be the main villain for Infinity War? They've been hinting at him forever and was built up.

No one. I'm saying they didn't need to push the Infinity War to begin with. I hope I'm wrong but I don't expect this movie to be markedly different from Avengers 1 or 2.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
I think he's just saying they could have built towards a different story this whole time and not the Infinity War story. Although, there are rumors that the Captain Marvel movie is going to set up a "Secret Invasion" story-line with the Skrull (possibly for Avengers 4 or beyond).

I guess. Infinity war is a pretty iconic storyline though

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 29, 2017 -> 03:04 PM)
Sure, but there's no reason they had to pick Thanos.

Sure there is.

They wanted to connect their GOTG series with the Earth serieses.

The Infinity stones are part of Thor, GOTG, Avengers (Vision), and Dr. Strange.

Thanos owns the Infinity Gauntlet.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
Why? It's overcrowded. Do we really need to tie in a bunch of low-powered Earthly heroes into a storyline about a villain who can destroy half the universe?

That's kind of the point of the plotline. On paper the earthly heroes are actually outmatched.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 07:00 AM)
Sure there is.

They wanted to connect their GOTG series with the Earth serieses.

The Infinity stones are part of Thor, GOTG, Avengers (Vision), and Dr. Strange.

Thanos owns the Infinity Gauntlet.

GOTG had nothing to do with choosing Thanos. The decision to start the Infinity storyline came way before they even decided to do GOTG

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 09:08 AM)
GOTG had nothing to do with choosing Thanos. The decision to start the Infinity storyline came way before they even decided to do GOTG

An official announcement that they were making GotG happened the same weekend the first Avengers movie came out. I remember going to see it that Saturday and checking my phone and seeing a post about it on Facebook. Who knows when they actually decided to make it though.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 09:16 AM)
An official announcement that they were making GotG happened the same weekend the first Avengers movie came out. I remember going to see it that Saturday and checking my phone and seeing a post about it on Facebook. Who knows when they actually decided to make it though.

The cosmic cube was in Captain America, they already knew where they were going

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 10:08 AM)

GOTG main plot line consisted of Thanos' daughters and the purple infinity stone.

I was saying that the film was involved in the Thanos story line.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 11:59 AM)
Lol figured someone would say that. That was more of a "teaser" or "teaser trailer" than an actual full trailer correct? Seems like trailers are usually around 4-5 minutes long.

Generally "Teasers" are supposed to be shorter, but I've never seen a 5 minute trailer. I've seen people combine 2-3 trailers into a single one - that happened for Star Wars last year and I shared it here, but that wasn't an official thing, the trailers were each about 2 minutes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 30, 2017 -> 03:39 PM)
Generally "Teasers" are supposed to be shorter, but I've never seen a 5 minute trailer. I've seen people combine 2-3 trailers into a single one - that happened for Star Wars last year and I shared it here, but that wasn't an official thing, the trailers were each about 2 minutes.

Maybe not 5 but definitely longer than 4 mins. I've seen a lot of close to 4:30 trailers.

Edited by soxfan2014