Sign in to follow this  
WilliamTell

Marvel Entertainment Thread

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Incredible Hulk is in the mix too

Yeah, It's gotta be up there.  It's just kind of feels outside the Marvel movies they made after.  I know Tony Snark is it and the end, but outside of that if feels like separate from the rest.

The Iron Man movies have grown on me.  They used to be my least favorite. 

I think Iron Man 3 was really good.  Has some really funny lines in it.

I feel like Iron Man 2 got caught in the "leave breadcrumbs for future movies and make it all connect" issue.   War Machine, Black widow introduced, Hammer was brought in clearly to be another big bad (and it didn't stick)

i still liked it but it has a lot of flaws.  I like iron man 3 a lot more than most but it also has a feature that never stuck going forward and that is extremis.   But I like the story even if Killian never developed as much as he should have.

I know Chris Evans is done, but I would have loved another Captain America movie.  I feel like Civil War was almost like Avengers 2.5

Would have liked to see a more solo Captain America movie.

19 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I know Chris Evans is done, but I would have loved another Captain America movie.  I feel like Civil War was almost like Avengers 2.5

Would have liked to see a more solo Captain America movie.

I feel like he is done for now.   I'm not convinced he is totally done

Hard to pick one fav but Winter Soldier, if I had to choose one.

Least fav is Dr. Strange by far. Although I liked him in IW

Civil War

Avengers 1

Ragnarok

Avengers 3

Iron Man

Winter Soldier

Black Panther

Guardians 1

Thor

Captain 1

Captain Marvel

Ant-Man and Wasp

Avengers 2

Ant-Man

Iron Man 2

Spider-Man 1

Guardians 2

Iron Man 3

Strange

Hulk

Thor 2

Lady from work tried ordering tix for her and her son and said the earliest she could get 2 around here is May 5th.

I'm thinking this may beat The Force Awakens opening weekend.

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

Lady from work tried ordering tix for her and her son and said the earliest she could get 2 around here is May 5th.

I'm thinking this may beat The Force Awakens opening weekend.

I don't think it'll have much trouble beating the 2nd/3rd biggest opening weekend (national/international ranking respectively). That #1 opening weekend, set by Avengers: Infinity War might be tougher, but I think it gets it. :)

Sarcasm aside, my more intriguing bet is it tops a $300 million US opening. 

Didn't realize IW beat Force Awakens. Either way, Disney is flushed with CAaaaaAAAAASH

1 hour ago, Brian said:

PSA: No credit scenes after Endgame. It really is the end.

Is it just for the premiere? I know for the previous movies, there were no mid/end credit scenes for the premiere.

One of my friends sent me a few videos of interviews of the cast featuring Brie Larson and other cast members. It's so cringey to watch. The rest of the cast can not stand her.

Edited by soxfan2014

Also, I know this might be the end for a couple of the actors, but I think people are going a little overboard with the this is the end stuff.

They aren't going to stop making Iron Man or Captain America movies.  They make billions of dollars.  They well never stop, maybe a few year hiatus at most.

45 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

I've seen some interviews with all the cast and haven't noticed anything like that.

The videos I saw were of Larson and Renner and then another one of Larson, Cheadle and Hemsworth.

41 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Also, I know this might be the end for a couple of the actors, but I think people are going a little overboard with the this is the end stuff.

They aren't going to stop making Iron Man or Captain America movies.  They make billions of dollars.  They well never stop, maybe a few year hiatus at most.

I think they will continue with Captain America. If I had to bet on which character it would be though, it wouldn't be Steve Rogers.

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I think they will continue with Captain America. If I had to bet on which character it would be though, it wouldn't be Steve Rogers.

Bucky.

• Like 1

I saw those interviews. Think they are being over blown by fan boys. 

I saw the interview with Larson and Renner and I think it had more to do with the whole set up.  Those type of interviews always come off awkward and I think actors hate them.

12 minutes ago, Brian said:

I saw those interviews. Think they are being over blown by fan boys. 

You can usually tell when the cast is together and joking. But even listening to her talk makes me roll my eyes lol

So are we putting a SPOILER WARNING from here on out or should we use the black bars through the weekend to try and be courteous? Or F anyone who is waiting/That's their problem?

Or should we do a separate thread for ENDGAME with a spoiler warning and then just attach it to this thread in a week? 

Edited by Brian

15 minutes ago, Brian said:

So are we putting a SPOILER WARNING from here on out or should we use the black bars through the weekend to try and be courteous? Or F anyone who is waiting/That's their problem?

Or should we do a separate thread for ENDGAME with a spoiler warning and then just attach it to this thread in a week? 

Let's just make a separate spoiler thread, probably the best solution