Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hide contents

Jonathan Majors is already an awesome Kang, I loved his introduction  

Yes, that was a great performance. And I assume with this role, he’ll have to put different personalities on depending what version he’s playing of the character. Looking forward to it. 

Any of you have theories on what happened when Loki was pushed into the alternate TVA?  We were told that the TVA supposed to exist outside time and space, so Either that wasn't true and this is a different reality, or Kang somehow rewrote it.  

45 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hide contents

Any of you have theories on what happened when Loki was pushed into the alternate TVA?  We were told that the TVA supposed to exist outside time and space, so Either that wasn't true and this is a different reality, or Kang somehow rewrote it.  

My thought is a lot of what we heard was a lie, there is still much more we need to learn about the TVA (I would bet Season 2 explores how Mobius and others arrived at the TVA) as well as where Ravonna ended up.

27 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hide contents

Two theories:

Spoiler

Immortus (The closest we've got to a comic equivalent for He Who Remains) losing means:

Another Nathaniel Richards - either Kang the Conqueror or just a different one altogether - has taken control of the TVA

Or when Immortus sent those files back to Renslayer and she went in search of "free will" (which she said only belonged to the person at the top) she set things in motion so that Immortus wouldn't lose - basically fulfilling his promise to Sylvie of "see you soon." He wants to set it up so that another version of himself - Immortus - can run the TVA again and not lose to the Lokis, thus the not hiding in the shadows thing this time around. He always wanted someone to succeed him, there were just two routes:

1) The Lokis take control and there's no multiversal war, smooth transition.

2) Another Immortus takes control, but only after a bloody multiversal war with heavy pruning of the timelines.

Note: The reason I'm using Immortus vs. Kang is that in the comics Kang always wants to conquer, Immortus less so - he even feuds with Kang who summarizes him like this:

He calls himself the Master of Time! "Gardener of Time" is more truthful! He prunes away the chronal branches deemed by others to be dangerous, reducing reality to a bloodless meadow! But that's not the way of warriors -- of men! I say, let it be a forest! Let it be a jungle!

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Two theories:

Hide contents

For a slightly different variant on this - He Who Remains was effectively preventing the formation of other versions of himself by managing the timeline through the TVA. Any other variant of himself that existed would also have developed the technology to create their own TVA. Therefore, Kang could have created his own version of the TVA for whatever he wanted a TVA for. With a statue of him.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:
1 hour ago, Quin said:

Two theories:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Did something get cut off?

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

What's the rule here? I sort of feel like similar to the Star Wars thread, if you haven't seen the latest content drop, don't come in the thread until you have...no? 

I'm just trying to give it a few days at least before spoiler tags are off.  This is not a super popular thread and I think most of the recent participants have been good about spoiler tags 

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm just trying to give it a few days at least before spoiler tags are off.  This is not a super popular thread and I think most of the recent participants have been good about spoiler tags 

Fair enough! 

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's really awesome that we are gonna be getting She Hulk, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye on tv within the next year.  And each one of these shows have significant crossovers 

I'm pretty excited for the next 2-3 years. 

I'm not that excited (yet) for Shang-Chi or Eternals as of yet.......but aside from those two....basically everything else on the slate I'm pretty fired up about. 

3 hours ago, Tony said:

I'm pretty excited for the next 2-3 years. 

I'm not that excited (yet) for Shang-Chi or Eternals as of yet.......but aside from those two....basically everything else on the slate I'm pretty fired up about. 

Right now, it’s looking like both of these are going to be blocked by the Chinese government.   Black Widow, maybe, gets a mid August but so many good pirated versions are out there due to Disney+ so it’s really going to be diluted results for bottom line, maybe $50-75 million and Disney only keeps 25% as opposed to a higher split in most intl box office. 

9 hours ago, manbearpuig said:

Haha Hulk hating stairs isn't what would technically lead to it. It's the Avengers going back in time really.

Actually no!  That was supposed to happen, according to the TVA.  Hulk actually did change the timeline because he got the tesseract to Loki

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Actually no!  That was supposed to happen, according to the TVA.  Hulk actually did change the timeline because he got the tesseract to Loki

So that's sort of where I broke my brain....

The Avengers, in 2022 or whatever year they were in, go back to 2012 NY to collect the different stones. 2012 Loki, who in the original timeline was captured, interacts with the tesseract and gets sent across the Earth, and eventually ends up at the TVA as that wasn't supposed to happen, and he's now a variant. 

But when Loki is on trial, he talks about the Avengers going back in time, changing history, etc......Hasn't this Loki, the one we've seen on screen during this show played by Tom Hiddelson...been the 2012 Loki? How did he really know about everything the Avengers did? 

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

The Avengers, in 2022 or whatever year they were in, go back to 2012 NY to collect the different stones. 2012 Loki, who in the original timeline was captured, interacts with the tesseract and gets sent across the Earth, and eventually ends up at the TVA as that wasn't supposed to happen, and he's now a variant. 

But when Loki is on trial, he talks about the Avengers going back in time, changing history, etc......Hasn't this Loki, the one we've seen on screen during this show played by Tom Hiddelson...been the 2012 Loki? How did he really know about everything the Avengers did? 

Had the same thought, he shouldn't have known those details since he didn't live through them.  The Loki that did was killed by Thanos.

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

So I just rewatched that scene, and Loki figured it out, but not the correct reason why.  Ravonna asked him about if he was guilty for crimes against the sacred timeline, and he said "the avengers traveled back in time no doubt to stop my ascent to God King.  And believe me, anyone can smell the cologne of two Tony Starks". (Not verbatim)

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So I just rewatched that scene, and Loki figured it out, but not the correct reason why.  Ravonna asked him about if he was guilty for crimes against the sacred timeline, and he said "the avengers traveled back in time no doubt to stop my ascent to God King.  And believe me, anyone can smell the cologne of two Tony Starks". (Not verbatim)

Ok, I guess that makes sense. Because it also confused me when he basically was watching what unfolded with Thor and Thanos....I was then under the impression he had seen that and was just watching from a different vantage point....but this would be all new information to this Loki.