Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
I understand Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes Captain America is on the rebellious side of the Civil War to protect Bucky, but can anyone who has read the Civil War comics explain why Tony Stark is the "play-by-the-rules, yay government oversight" guy?

Pretty sure its guilt, lives lost. Im sure there is something that happens between General Ross and Tony that changes his mind towards registration

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
Daredevil Season 2 is the best superhero live action production by far, film or TV.

It somehow blew its first season and Jessica Jones out of the water.

It was good, it had some great moments, the third episode in particular.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 10, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
I understand Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes Captain America is on the rebellious side of the Civil War to protect Bucky, but can anyone who has read the Civil War comics explain why Tony Stark is the "play-by-the-rules, yay government oversight" guy?

It's been a while since I read it but here you go.

The New Warriors fight Nitro and their battle levels a city, resulting in the destruction of an elementary school and all the students are killed as a result. Tony was against the bill at first but this changes his mind and he supports it, remember he's on the few Marvel characters where his secret identity is known to the public. The guilt from his years of fighting crime and his struggle with alcoholism really make him see things differently.

In supporting the SHRA, he forgets that not everyone is as privileged as him and other heroes are struggling in their day to day lives and revealing their identities would be extremely dangerous

Iron Man represents conservative thought and as always, Captain Americs represents liberal thought. People forget that Capt. America has always been a liberally progressive character. Some of the best Capt. comics are from his days stationed in Harlem in the 70s.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
Daredevil Season 2 is the best superhero live action production by far, film or TV.

It somehow blew its first season and Jessica Jones out of the water.

I'm only on ep 6 and I agree. The way they're juggling everything is so smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Cloak and Dagger got ordered straight to series on Freeform (rebranded name of ABC Family).

That is the pinnacle of Marvel gets to do what they want, when they want.

At what point do they say "f*** it" and just make a channel?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
Cloak and Dagger got ordered straight to series on Freeform (rebranded name of ABC Family).

That is the pinnacle of Marvel gets to do what they want, when they want.

At what point do they say "f*** it" and just make a channel?

I think it will be a while before they make that leap, they need a lot more original programming