Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
So Joss Whedon quit Twitter yesterday because feminists trolled the s*** out of him about Black Widows role in Avengers 2.

He says that is not the reason and he is getting away to write.

Although that SNL skit is funnier now, about Widow's own movie.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-...erica-civil-war

Prospects for Captain America: Civil War, mentions Spider Man/Peter Parker "rebooting"...no Thor or Hulk, of course

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/05/joss-...ers-marvel-cuts

Josh Whedon article about painful cuts in the process of filming

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/07/chris...rs-infinity-war

Infinity War writers named.

Edited by caulfield12

So, when I first saw the mid credits scene, I just thought Thanos had his gauntlet with no stones. But a buddy was arguing with me that the glove has all of the stones, and I looked at the scene again and it definitely looks like all of the stones are on the Infinity Gauntlet. How would Thanos have more than 1 or 2 stones? Aren't the rest accounted for with Vision, GotG, and on Asgard?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 7, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)

So, when I first saw the mid credits scene, I just thought Thanos had his gauntlet with no stones. But a buddy was arguing with me that the glove has all of the stones, and I looked at the scene again and it definitely looks like all of the stones are on the Infinity Gauntlet. How would Thanos have more than 1 or 2 stones? Aren't the rest accounted for with Vision, GotG, and on Asgard?

4 of the 6 are accounted for and in known locations - Asgards' vault, the Collector, the Nova Corps, and Vision.

Presumably it was just "how the gauntlet looked" or "there's a colored slot for each"

Here's one that's been bothering me though. Thanos originally gave Loki the Scepter. Loki's Scepter contained the Mind stone. In other words, Thanos had one of the stones and gave it up to Loki. Does that sound like something he'd do?

Brian, when i saw it in the theater i could have sworn it was empty too. But i have found a few different clips on youtube, and it is definitely full.

You may be right Balta, it may have been just something to show what it looks like. But there is one more thing that is slightly confusing, the infinity gauntlet was shown in the vault in the first Thor movie. The only thing that can be possible here is that Loki handed Thanos the gauntlet and a few stones when he took the throne in Asgard pretending he was his father.

And it doesnt seem like something Thanos would do, but at the same time he was trying to gather the stones by using Loki, and giving him the mind stone was beneficial

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:29 AM)

Brian, when i saw it in the theater i could have sworn it was empty too. But i have found a few different clips on youtube, and it is definitely full.

You may be right Balta, it may have been just something to show what it looks like. But there is one more thing that is slightly confusing, the infinity gauntlet was shown in the vault in the first Thor movie. The only thing that can be possible here is that Loki handed Thanos the gauntlet and a few stones when he took the throne in Asgard pretending he was his father.

And it doesnt seem like something Thanos would do, but at the same time he was trying to gather the stones by using Loki, and giving him the mind stone was beneficial

I don't have a reference but they've said that the gauntlet shown in the first Thor movie will not play into the future movies in the past.

At the Phase 3 unveiling last summer they showed a clip of him with it full: that may be the shots you are seeing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:51 AM)

I don't have a reference but they've said that the gauntlet shown in the first Thor movie will not play into the future movies in the past.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)

That would make sense because the glove in Odin's vault is right handed while Thanos' glove in the end credit scene is left handed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)

Here's one that's been bothering me though. Thanos originally gave Loki the Scepter. Loki's Scepter contained the Mind stone. In other words, Thanos had one of the stones and gave it up to Loki. Does that sound like something he'd do?

yea, I was wondering that too. Maybe he gave it to him, expecting to get it back. But, not it's out of his reach.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)

The gold glove in Thor is a right handed glove. The mid-credits and Infinity Wars trail show him with the left hand.

LINKY

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:03 AM)

At the Phase 3 unveiling last summer they showed a clip of him with it full: that may be the shots you are seeing.

That is where the clip is from, you're all correct about what you've seen in theaters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...