Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 17, 2018 -> 10:37 PM)
I went to Black Panther tonight. This movie has so much hype I honestly left a bit underwhelmed. And I almost hate myself for saying that. I thought it was a good movie, liked the villains, and loved Wakonda. What a beautiful place. I have no idea what I was expecting but I'll say for me it's not part of the top MCU movies. Can't wait to see a Black Panther 2 though. The possibilities are endless.

To each their own. I thought that movie was f***ing epic.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Feb 18, 2018 -> 07:43 PM)
To each their own. I thought that movie was f***ing epic.

Yep that's the beautiful thing about movies, they're subjective. And I'm glad you thought it was epic. I'm so happy it made $200m domestically opening weekend. The momentum keeps Marvel rolling along bigger and better. Like I said, i basically hate myself for being underwhelmed. I thought the music was phenomenal by the way. I'm not seeing enough conversation about the soundtrack anywhere.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 20, 2018 -> 07:35 PM)
Yep that's the beautiful thing about movies, they're subjective. And I'm glad you thought it was epic. I'm so happy it made $200m domestically opening weekend. The momentum keeps Marvel rolling along bigger and better. Like I said, i basically hate myself for being underwhelmed. I thought the music was phenomenal by the way. I'm not seeing enough conversation about the soundtrack anywhere.

That's why I said to each their own. You are not obligated to like it. Don't hate yourself, it's all about taste.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23, 2018 -> 07:13 AM)
Co-sign the greatness of Black Panther. KillMonger definitely one of my fav Marvel movie villains.

Jordan owned every single scene he was in. Could hardly take eyes off of him. That was just an incredible job.

The only thing I really felt myself missing from this movie? I wanted them to figure out a way for Killmonger and T'Challa to be in a room alone with a scene to themselves for a short bit, before the big fight at the end. No idea how to get that in there, but those characters were so well thought out and had such different perspectives that I wanted to see something between them that wasn't a fight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2018 -> 04:29 PM)
Jordan owned every single scene he was in. Could hardly take eyes off of him. That was just an incredible job.

The only thing I really felt myself missing from this movie? I wanted them to figure out a way for Killmonger and T'Challa to be in a room alone with a scene to themselves for a short bit, before the big fight at the end. No idea how to get that in there, but those characters were so well thought out and had such different perspectives that I wanted to see something between them that wasn't a fight.

Like, he was a villain but I didn't really hate him. His intentions felt just.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally checked out Black Panther. I thought it was excellent. The only gripe is over-reliance on CGI for the fight sequences but that's not unique to this action movie. I really liked how Nolan used as much live action stunts as possible but no director wants to do that anymore.

Edited by BigSqwert

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Why do we care about Venom again...he looks like a spin off from Aliens mashed up with the monsters from Annihilation and The Quiet Place.

he is one of the most popular characters in Marvel.