Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Overall not hugely impressive or earth shattering, hopefully the movie's still good. 

Dunno man. The shape shifting and her doing the flying badass stuff at the end was pretty sweet.

Shouldn't have to hope it is good with the Marvel track record.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was fun but not great. Alot of the 90s gags are solid, others are too much. 

The Marvel signature at the beginning was all Stan Lee and was well done. Especially his in movie cameo.

Id say more but don't want to throw spoilers out yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

It was fun but not great. Alot of the 90s gags are solid, others are too much. 

The Marvel signature at the beginning was all Stan Lee and was well done. Especially his in movie cameo.

Id say more but don't want to throw spoilers out yet.

Seeing it tomorrow. Can't wait.

• Like 1

I thought it was great. Stan Lee tribute was amazing.

SPOILERS IN THE DASHES.

I was cracking up at  Yon-Rogg's attempt to get Carol into a fist fight.

Talos was a scene stealer after the plot twist.

It was great seeing this act as a setup for the Avengers initiative. Making Fury's Winter Soldier line of "Last time I trusted somebody, I lost an eye," meaning him telling Goose "I'm trusting you not to eat me," was hysterical.

Captain Marvel was good, not great.

Deserves its 79 Rotten Tomatoes score.

Felt like it dragged in places, loved the action scenes (especially as the movie advanced) but it wasn't one where you didn't ever look down at your watch waiting for something interesting to happen.

Some sharp humor from the Skrulls...loved seeing the backstory of Fury and Coulson, but not enough direct connections to the upcoming Avengers film for most fan-boys (have to stay for the end credits I guess, they kick you out of the theatre in China cleaning for the subsequent show.)

Not huge fans of Benning and Jude Law being in this film...loved the 90's music references, particularly Garbage, No Doubt, Hole and Nirvana.

Why didn't you like Benning and Law? You mean those characters or them as the actors. Jude Law is easy to hate for me so he fit for me.

Man, kicking you out before credit scenes of Marvel movie? That really is a communist country.

25 minutes ago, Brian said:

Why didn't you like Benning and Law? You mean those characters or them as the actors. Jude Law is easy to hate for me so he fit for me.

Man, kicking you out before credit scenes of Marvel movie? That really is a communist country.

Guess just personal preference.  Same reason didn’t like Amber Heard and Patrick Wilson In Aquaman.  To each his own...