Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lol no, neither of those.  Avengers Endgame and Spider-Man Far From home 

Why is that an lol? He appears in The Fantastic Four and X-Men movies and he usually shoots all his cameos for whatever movies are filming around the same time. Not really crazy to think he'd appear in Dark Phoenix.

Also, it's funny how he was actually playing himself in this last movie reading the script for his cameo in Mall Rats.

Edited by soxfan2014

16 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Why is that an lol? He appears in The Fantastic Four and X-Men movies and he usually shoots all his cameos for whatever movies are filming around the same time. Not really crazy to think he'd appear in Dark Phoenix.

Also, it's funny how he was actually playing himself in this last movie reading the script for his cameo in Mall Rats.

I think Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are supposed to be some of the worst of  the X-men films, the early word from Dark Phoenix is not good and New Mutants has been buried for almost two years now.   Pretty sure  his appearances in X Men movies is spotty at best.  Don't think he has appeared in all of them like he has the MCU movies.  Glancing at his IMDb it seems like he hasn't don't Days of Future Past, First Class, I don't see anything for Dark Phoenix either but I'm sure that could change

im not a huge fan of what happened to the X Men movies after x2

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are supposed to be some of the worst of  the X-men films, the early word from Dark Phoenix is not good and New Mutants has been buried for almost two years now.   Pretty sure  his appearances in X Men movies is spotty at best.  Don't think he has appeared in all of them like he has the MCU movies.  Glancing at his IMDb it seems like he hasn't don't Days of Future Past, First Class, I don't see anything for Dark Phoenix either but I'm sure that could change

im not a huge fan of what happened to the X Men movies after x2

100% agree.

Captain Marvel - 3.5 to 4 out of 5.

I enjoyed it for a movie, but it was certainly not much of a script or the way the characters were treated.

My biggest gripe was

the empathy toward the Skrulls. Those guys are some of the worst villains in Marvel Comics history.

13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not to be a dick, but do you not let your 10 year old daughter watch PG-13 films?

I have an 11 year old daughter and it all depends on the movie.   Movies like Dark Knight, Taken, Insidious, Sucker Punch, and Drag Me to Hell are all rated PG-13.     Do you think those are appropriate movies for a 6th grader?

22 hours ago, RichieZisk said:

I have an 11 year old daughter and it all depends on the movie.   Movies like Dark Knight, Taken, Insidious, Sucker Punch, and Drag Me to Hell are all rated PG-13.     Do you think those are appropriate movies for a 6th grader?

Those probably not. But other Marvel movies I would let her watch.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:47 AM, RichieZisk said:

Wow, didn’t realize Drag Me to Hell was PG-13.  I can understand a few of those, but the Marvel movies are super take regardless of their ratings.

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

"All your past failures, have brought you back to me." 

Dear God gimme! Tried to get Thursday night ticket but getting error. I'll try again later

Took me more than 20 minutes while having breakfast, some people on fandango showing wait times of an hour. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Re-watching all the Marvel movies to get ready for Endgame. 

Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are probably the worst.  I think Thor 2 might be the worst.  Even those two are still pretty decent.

Incredible Hulk is in the mix too

1 hour ago, GoSox05 said:

Re-watching all the Marvel movies to get ready for Endgame. 

Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are probably the worst.  I think Thor 2 might be the worst.  Even those two are still pretty decent.

53 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Incredible Hulk is in the mix too

Yeah easily the 3 worst in the bunch. And the second Thor introduces one of the Infinity Stones so it's kind of a shame it's just meh at best.

Edit: I'm actually not a fan of the solo Iron Man movies in general. Easily my least favorite franchise in the series (like Iron Man as a character though).

Edited by soxfan2014