5/7 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
Big come back win last night, great weather for baseball today.

There is nothing that will get this team going

I think we are just watching a bad to mediocre team. That's the occam's razor explanation. Win some, lose some. End of year will be around 75 wins at this rate.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
I have always hated the lefty righty lineup bc it is only useful if you have good hitters in your lineup. The Sox have some of the worst hitters in baseball right now so it just puts us at a disadvantage before the game even begins

well for me, the sox won 2 in a row. baby steps in fixing the house.

Maybe I do not watch enough baseball outside of the White Sox but it surely seems that almost annually there are a couple of guys that produce at levels that are incomprehensibly bad.

Julio Ramirez and the shortstop that came over fora bit that came to the SOx with Baines come to mind

There was the whole Dunn thing and the Konerko half season when he hit under .200

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
It was a big series win.

I'm usually not a fan of the "winning series" thing in the regular season. Each day is an opportunity to win one game. But it's good they got a couple when they did.

And now...the weekend of a thousand rain delays.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
I'm usually not a fan of the "winning series" thing in the regular season. Each day is an opportunity to win one game. But it's good they got a couple when they did.

And now...the weekend of a thousand rain delays.

Aaaaand the weekend I planned a trip to Chicago for over 5 months ago...of course the weather looks like s***!

But they'll do their darndest to get the games in since the Reds obviously will not be returning to the Cell.

Hopefully if there is a cancellation, it is Friday night and they play two on Saturday.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
Again, an indication that a change should probably be made in the clubhouse. Not even those jerks at Baseball Prospectus thought they'd be this bad!

Vegas predicted 81.5 for maximum wins. That would be around a .500 record whcih to me is pretty realistic.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 7, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
Vegas predicted 81.5 for maximum wins. That would be around a .500 record whcih to me is pretty realistic.

interesting point you bring up.

lets see. there are a 162 games in a season, the played including this game 26 games, that will leave 136 games, lets assume 50% wins should be a nice number, that is 68 wins, 68 plus 10 win already that should leave a record of 78. wins in a worst case scenario for the season.

its a far cry from what i was predicting but i will let you decide.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 7, 2015 -> 06:47 PM)
interesting point you bring up.

lets see. there are a 162 games in a season, the played including this game 26 games, that will leave 136 games, lets assume 50% wins should be a nice number, that is 68 wins, 68 plus 10 win already that should leave a record of 78. wins in a worst case scenario for the season.

its a far cry from what i was predicting but i will let you decide.

I predicted the Sox would be a .500 team. 78 would be a little less than that.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 8, 2015 -> 01:18 AM)
I predicted the Sox would be a .500 team. 78 would be a little less than that.

oh i am screwed with my prediction, but at the worst, 50% of the remaining games is doable, if people will look at it like that.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 7, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
I think we are just watching a bad to mediocre team. That's the occam's razor explanation. Win some, lose some. End of year will be around 75 wins at this rate.

I think you are right. This game was OVA for all intents when Lexi hit the routine DP with bags loaded and nobody out in a tie game. Sad at bat. Another lost opportunity. Should have scored a lotta runs that inning and swept Detroit. Not to be.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
Thank you Adam Eaton for being a no show again today.

I hate to say it and won't just yet, but soon I may be saying, "Eaton blows." Man he is off to a horrific start.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
If they do lose today hopefully they'll stop wearing their pajamas.

Dumb to wear the unis 3 days in a row. Dumb. More symptoms of Team Dysfunction. Like the unis had anything to do with the wins. Wear em two days and the other ones the third. Show some confidence.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:34 PM)
I really dont like just throwing this game. I get that sweeping the Tigers is not a must, but that doesn't mean the Sox should just hand the Tigers a win here. That seems silly.

There's never sense of urgency. Thanx for that s*** at bat, Lexi.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2015 -> 01:37 AM)
I hate to say it and won't just yet, but soon I may be saying, "Eaton blows." Man he is off to a horrific start.

Dumb to wear the unis 3 days in a row. Dumb. More symptoms of Team Dysfunction. Like the unis had anything to do with the wins. Wear em two days and the other ones the third. Show some confidence.

If there was no sense of urgency, why was he swinging at the first pitch?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2015 -> 12:37 AM)

This should be on a poster for "damned if you do, damned if you don't." You know damn well that if they swapped the uniforms out, everyone here would be spouting some BS about how changing the uni during a winning streak was stupid, players are superstitious, etc. If they don't matter, how could it be dumb to keep wearing them? And Alexei drilled one right down the line, if he had struck out in a full count, you know damn well you'd be complaining about how often the team strikes out and how you'd love to see some players get aggressive.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 8, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
This should be on a poster for "damned if you do, damned if you don't." You know damn well that if they swapped the uniforms out, everyone here would be spouting some BS about how changing the uni during a winning streak was stupid, players are superstitious, etc. If they don't matter, how could it be dumb to keep wearing them? And Alexei drilled one right down the line, if he had struck out in a full count, you know damn well you'd be complaining about how often the team strikes out and how you'd love to see some players get aggressive.

i am as superstitious as you can imagine. but it is not me, its is one of those situations. no team is going to win every single game. things happen.

it is aggravating when a team looses b/c of lack of attention, or coaching, or effort.

that is what i saw last week and before. the monkey is off their back, build on the good things, but not all things will be good.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 8, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
i am as superstitious as you can imagine. but it is not me, its is one of those situations. no team is going to win every single game. things happen.

it is aggravating when a team looses b/c of lack of attention, or coaching, or effort.

that is what i saw last week and before. the monkey is off their back, build on the good things, but not all things will be good.

Exactly