5/7 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:23 PM)
Victor should allow me to get back to work.

Nice carry over from the big win last night.

I'm not sure any comeback win is going to get this offense going. We have had a few big games then sucked the next

Losing one game in a series is understandable, it doesn't really bother me. But I'd at LEAST like to see some ability to hit consistently. Losing because we manage 3 hits and 1 run off of basically an almost rookie....pretty bad.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
Losing one game in a series is understandable, it doesn't really bother me. But I'd at LEAST like to see some ability to hit consistently. Losing because we manage 3 hits and 1 run off of basically an almost rookie....pretty bad.

Well said! Too many games like this already this year where a LHP just dominated the Sox (Millone, Price)

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:23 PM)
well...tough to sweep anybody, especially a team many think is the best in the league

That and the White Sox just lack the nature of stepping on the neck of their opponent when they've got an opportunity to sweep.

Giving up that run right off the bat in the 1st inning, of course, didn't help matters....along with the offense flailing away against an average or below-average starter.

GREAT JOB, Eaton.

SIGH.

Good throw and he's out, but high and wide. They're going to keep forcing the issue on Eaton until his arm shows any degree of accuracy or consistency.

Really, an intentional walk against someone who's in a terrible slump in JD Martinez? (20 strikeouts in his last 30 at-bats....worse than Adam Dunn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

UH-OH.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:27 PM)
Wrong base?

I love how Hawk thinks Eaton is a good throwing outfielder. First, he might have the slowest release in all of baseball. Second, he seems to spike his throws about 1/3 of the time. When he doesn't spike it, he's off target.

Seriously, does anyone in the White Sox dugout realize that JD Martinez is slumping?

Also, JD Martinez basically went to the Tigers over the White Sox because of the relationship with the Avila family....even though he was more likely to be in the minors to start off if you looked at roster construction in March.

White Sox really were interested but lost once again to DET (see Miggy Cabrera, Torii Hunter, etc.) 2nd place again to them.