5/7 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
Melky has been hitting for about a week now, and Avi has been solid all season long.

I can agree with that, just no clutch hitting or even hitting from most of the rest

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
Offenses struggle. That's baseball. That's why the best hitters in the game struggle to get hits even 1 out of 3 times.

What the f*** is Ventura doing managing this team, though? That's what I can't figure out.

i understand yours and many dislikes for RV, but how can you really associate these 2 thoughts into one??

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
We have been horrible on offense all year except for a few innings and some major help from the opposing defense

Agreed.

What the f*** is Ventura managing a team that cannot afford an incompetent manager?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 7, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
Hard to score when Eaton/Flowers/Alexi give you absolutely nothing so far.

Kind of amazing the team's won 10 games when so many of the core players have been absolutely horrific. They're playing even beyond worst case scenario projections.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
I just dont see that holding up. I mean, it could... but I dont see it.

Alexei is going to turn into a pumpkin soon. I just really hope they didn't hold on to him too long. Eaton is young he should improve but it wouldn't shock me to see Ramirez fall off a cliff.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Kind of amazing the team's won 10 games when so many of the core players have been absolutely horrific. They're playing even beyond worst case scenario projections.

Again, an indication that a change should probably be made in the clubhouse. Not even those jerks at Baseball Prospectus thought they'd be this bad!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:46 PM)
The way they did it, they only miss one start between the two. The day Samardjiza is back, he will pitch in the slot that Sale would have. Then Sale will be ready to go the next day.

that would be nice if this team had 4 or even 5 sp. but the way this team has been playing, i would have thought to get the team momentum going would be the priority.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:48 PM)
Agreed.

What the f*** is Ventura managing a team that cannot afford an incompetent manager?

The real problem is that the margin of error to be competitive for the playoffs was razor thin.

When you put yourself at a competitive disadvantage right off the bat, needing that guy who can actually make a difference in 2-3 games per year in the standings...we're doing pretty much the opposite.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Tip that cap Hawk you do it every soft tosser that faces the Sox last 15 years.

Specifically soft-tossing lefties, unknown/journeymen types with no advance scouting report, Chen/Guthrie, and rookies.

Longest outing of Lobstein's career. Of course.

White Sox had their chance with the bases loaded, no outs and a 1-1 tie. The last 2-3 seasons when they fail to score a run there (in that situation), it's almost an automatic loss and shoulders shrugging time. Glad I was sleeping then or I would have taken my air conditioning remote control and threw it off the wall (only to realize later how futile a gesture that would have been.)

Edited by caulfield12

Micah needs to hit in the 2 hole and move everyone else down a spot. I think this will help the Sox some bc if Micah get on at least Eaton won't be able to f*** it up some how. Plus Micah can bunt better then Melky can and will just shake thing up.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Micah needs to hit in the 2 hole and move everyone else down a spot. I think this will help the Sox some bc if Micah get on at least Eaton won't be able to f*** it up some how. Plus Micah can bunt better then Melky can and will just shake thing up.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

i would really shake up the lineup and screw this lh rh hitting, until they start to hit regularly.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)

Except you're getting Abreu less at-bats then.

The main problem is (this year's) Eaton should be hitting last or 8th, not 1st.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LDF @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
i would really shake up the lineup and screw this lh rh hitting, until they start to hit regularly.

I have always hated the lefty righty lineup bc it is only useful if you have good hitters in your lineup. The Sox have some of the worst hitters in baseball right now so it just puts us at a disadvantage before the game even begins

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 7, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
Sox can hit Soria, make it interesting. Freak Detroit out some more.

Detroit usually has that 6th sense when they need to step on the gas.

Like after they lost the first two of four to KC and then Price/Sanchez absolutely shut the door.

After they didn't score with the bases loaded, the Tigers pretty much knew they had this game...especially after Ventura mistakenly walked JD Martinez and gave them another gift.

Plus, in some ways, DET has been very fortunate they didn't have to remove Nathan for "cause" (but injury instead)....when Soria's clearly been better. That situation resolved itself well, plus they have Rondon who will come back at some point from injuries.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Except you're getting Abreu less at-bats then.

The main problem is (this year's) Eaton should be hitting last or 8th, not 1st.

He needs less right now the way he is hitting. Plus the difference between the 3 hole and cleanup is probably only a few abs