5/9 Reds @ White Sox Doubleheader

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2015 -> 05:24 PM)
Eaton just can't get rid of the ball quickly enough...not the best throwing mechanics.

He'd be better off just slinging it sidearm quickly. I have never seen such a long throwing motion result in such a weak, inaccurate throw. He winds up like he's freaking Vlad and than usually unloads a Juan Pierre like squirt.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 9, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)
IMO, the team needs to take a chance on a different catcher. I don't care if that's Kottaras or even Kevan Smith, Flowers has proven he is not starter material.

If he didn't have the BABIP fairy in April of 2014 IMO he'd be out of the league. That was the only thing that saved him from a year under the mendoza line.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 9, 2015 -> 11:29 PM)
Pathetic. You can't keep running an infield out with Conor, Micah and Abreu in it.

The more I see the make up of this roster, the more I question Hahn's plan this past offseason. He left way too many holes in the starting lineup/rotation given the amount of money he spent.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 9, 2015 -> 11:30 PM)
I swear this team is ruining professional baseball for me.

Yep, I've given up on this bunch of idiots doing anything meaningful this year. Just hoping the Cubs don't win the WS.

I survived 1984-1987, 2001, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013-14...this is the worst feeling early in a season I can ever remember having in my lifetime.

Yet another defensive blunder, this time by Gillaspie.

Balta, do you really think JR and Hahn can tolerate another 135 games like this?

Just disheartening. In the good 'ol days, there were 2-3 random solo homers at USCF to entertain us at least. It was entertaining most of the time, at least.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2015 -> 06:31 PM)
The more I see the make up of this roster, the more I question Hahn's plan this past offseason. He left way too many holes in the starting lineup/rotation given the amount of money he spent.

We would ha e been better off spending the money we did on LaRoche and upgraded catcher and starting pitching. We could have used Viceido or Davidson as DH

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
Flowers is 2 for his last 31 with 1 walk. I believe that's good for a .065/.094/.065 slash

At least he plays incredible defense

Saved by his pitch framability, lol.

Yes, that's not a real word.

If not for the Herrera suspension, we would already be 8 gb.