5/9 Reds @ White Sox Doubleheader

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't rip Robin for pitching Robertson. Guys, he must need work. Robin isn't a total incompetent. Obviously Coop and/or Robertson figured Robertson needed an inning to continue to be sharp.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 9, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
How did he look? I didn't see the game.

2 runs, 4 hits, 4 walks, 8 K's in 6 innings

108 pitches, 67 strikes

he looked good judging by the box score (couldnt watch the game)

QUOTE (Real @ May 9, 2015 -> 10:56 PM)
2 runs, 4 hits, 4 walks, 8 K's in 6 innings

108 pitches, 67 strikes

he looked good judging by the box score (couldnt watch the game)

Hard time commanding his fastball most of the time. His slider was nasty though and he jammed a lot of hitters which caused a few bloop hits. Not sure there were more then 2 or 3 balls really hit hard off him. But I think he only threw a slider and fastball. Might have thrown a changeup one or two times. He will need to work three pitches and get some better command on his fastball to be consistently successful

If he can't throw 3 pitches he needs to be in AAA.

The clowning on the basepaths needs to stop. How many runs did A Garcia's caught stealing cost this team? We started that inning off with 4 straight hits and scored 1 run.

Keep Beckham in the utility role - that appears to have been a nice pickup. It's when he gets over-exposed that he gets into trouble.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 10, 2015 -> 07:43 AM)
If he can't throw 3 pitches he needs to be in AAA.

The clowning on the basepaths needs to stop. How many runs did A Garcia's caught stealing cost this team? We started that inning off with 4 straight hits and scored 1 run.

Keep Beckham in the utility role - that appears to have been a nice pickup. It's when he gets over-exposed that he gets into trouble.

You can't even enjoy an 8-2 win?

going into the the double header yesterday, i / we knew and hope for a better sox season, better than the one we all saw in the beginning of the season.

i came to terms that the sox may be nothing better than a 80 win season. that is close to winning 50% of the games from here on. so why the harsh critique and anger of the team?

is this a great team, well i am not going to fool you, but this can be a great beginning. baby steps, this should also include patience for the coaches and upper management and this is coming from me, who has the most hardest of opinions on upper management. this yr, so far, we as fans have had, a such a demoralizing test for our like of everything sox in baseball. it is hard to accept anything less than what was expected.

for me, i have my interest in the draft and prospects of the sox. who know, maybe this team can still pull something out of the fire.

so this is my rant.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 10, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
It was an 8-2 game in the top of the 9th inning. There is literally no other time that would've been more perfect for his debut other than that situation. Let him get a feel for things. If he got into trouble, then bring in Robertson.

He was brought up to give 4-5 innings if they needed it. They didn't need it.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 10, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
It was an 8-2 game in the top of the 9th inning. There is literally no other time that would've been more perfect for his debut other than that situation. Let him get a feel for things. If he got into trouble, then bring in Robertson.

What if he came in and got lit up? You would have had to use Robertson anyway. Plus the bullpen was taxed. If somehow, the game went to extra innings, who is available?

Robertson needed the work and made it quick. Robin was right, the chronic complainers were wrong.

I don't get the complaints either. Beck was not called up to make his début, he was called up because of the Sox double header and needed a guy in the pen to take on innings so the Sox relievers weren't over used from playing two games. Beck was a precautionary measure and nothing more.

Edit: Just looking around at the closers throughout the league and noticed how Robertson is behind most in IP which shows he's not been used as much as normal. We know this by watching games and looking at the loss column. Robertson needs work and Robin made the right call by giving Robertson the ninth.

Edited by StRoostifer