5/9 Reds @ White Sox Doubleheader

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
Stone just said he is available both games.

Dan Hayes and the announcers for the reds said that both 26th men cannot pitch the first game. Obviously someone is wrong, I had thought they could pitch in both though

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 9, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
They will continue to force feed Danks/Noesi...........Rodon to pen again wait and see.

hope Hector can fix what is wrong, in other words, come back like he did last yr.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 9, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
Dan Hayes and the announcers for the reds said that both 26th men cannot pitch the first game. Obviously someone is wrong, I had thought they could pitch in both though

I don't get why they couldn't pitch both or why they wouldn't only be allowed to pitch this game since this is the make up game.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 9, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
I don't like the cell either.

What is he saying

Paraphrasing:

"The side lines are weird. And I hear complaints about the Upper Deck. You lose your footing up there, and you are going to tumble a long ways down. It's interesting that when you get in a cab in Chicago and say 'take me to the stadium', they always head towards Wrigley. You have to specify, 'I'm going to the South Side'."

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 9, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
I don't get why they couldn't pitch both or why they wouldn't only be allowed to pitch this game since this is the make up game.

good question, i always thought of who was on the roster at the time the game was postpone.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 9, 2015 -> 04:59 PM)
Carroll is way more effective out of the bullpen as the long man/emergency starter.

He really doesn't have a large enough number of pitches to keep batters off balance 3 times through the order. 3-4 innings where he only sees the lineup 2x or less he can manage it pretty well.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 9, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
Paraphrasing:

"The side lines are weird. And I hear complaints about the Upper Deck. You lose your footing up there, and you are going to tumble a long ways down. It's interesting that when you get in a cab in Chicago and say 'take me to the stadium', they always head towards Wrigley. You have to specify, 'I'm going to the South Side'."

What idiot says take me to the stadium?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
He really doesn't have a large enough number of pitches to keep batters off balance 3 times through the order. 3-4 innings where he only sees the lineup 2x or less he can manage it pretty well.

that is a great definition of a long reliever.

excellent.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 9, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)

Yep 2nd game only in this case....................Baltimore DH coming up he could pitch both games.

26th player to its MLB Active List on any day where two games are scheduled, as long as the second game was scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. If the second game was scheduled less than 48 hours in advance, a 26th man can be temporarily added to a club's MLB Active List for the second game of the doubleheader only.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 9, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
We really need to do something about the catcher position. Flowers is just a complete black-hole offensively.

I'm pretty sure he's taken at least 3 called 3rd strikes right down the middle lol.