5/11 White Sox @ Brewers

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
I would hope that after this season, the following are long gone from this organization:

- Ventura

- Bell

- Cooper

Cooper probably isn't bad at his job like the other two are, but I think it's time for a new voice with the pitching.

Cooper was the second coming of Christ as he "fixed" all of those cast-offs over the years. Conversely, he must suck now. Therefore, he sucks.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joegraz @ May 11, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
Cooper was the second coming of Christ as he "fixed" all of those cast-offs over the years. Conversely, he must suck now. Therefore, he sucks.

I don think its Cooper's fault this team is 2-12 on the road... It's glaringly obvious that this team lacks someone to get them mentally in the right place.

2-12 on the road is mental.

That goes on the coaching staff - but mostly its Ventura.

I'm done with this franchise until Reinsdorf dies.

Busted organizational philosophy that starts at the tippity top, and is executed by long-time buffoon KW.

The trade of Semien for "Shark" is the perfect illustration of everything that is wrong with the franchise (along with the endless run of dips*** managers): Zero interest in developing young talent internally, zero appreciation for those few prospects with real "baseball" skills, and a desperate, needy affinity to go "All In" and mortgage the future when everyone else in the world knows you don't have a prayer.

The Sox should just move to Quebec already.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ May 11, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)

Busted organizational philosophy that starts at the tippity top, and is executed by long-time buffoon KW.

The trade of Semien for "Shark" is the perfect illustration of everything that is wrong with the franchise (along with the endless run of dips*** managers): Zero interest in developing young talent internally, zero appreciation for those few prospects with real "baseball" skills, and a desperate, needy affinity to go "All In" and mortgage the future when everyone else in the world knows you don't have a prayer.

I'm appointing you new marketing director.

We haven't tried an "insult the management/FO to the point where fans will come out and support the organization out of some combination of guilt/civic pride/fear of losing the team" approach.

It would be a neat twist on KW's "can't spend $1.00 when we've only got 50 cents in our pockets" mantra.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ May 12, 2015 -> 04:29 AM)

Not a bad post, Andy. That trade was DUMB. Shark I'm afraid is just another guy. He's average, just as Danks is average. Seriously, what's the difference in Danks and Shark. They often pitch pretty well; often get hit hard.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 11, 2015 -> 09:35 PM)
No it wouldn't have been. The offense can still build off their momentum. A blowout could have been disastrous.

you cant be serious, can you?

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ May 11, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)

Getting Shark wasn't a dumb move... another mediocre infielder isn't really that big of a deal... I'm going to wait on Semien until I make any final conclusions - one good month doesn't make a career.

No one knew that Shark would suck so bad... everyone on earth thought it was a great deal.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)
I would hope that after this season, the following are long gone from this organization:

- Ventura

- Bell

- Cooper

Cooper probably isn't bad at his job like the other two are, but I think it's time for a new voice with the pitching.

What about Shark, who lost this game?

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ May 11, 2015 -> 11:05 PM)
I didn't then, and I certainly don't now with Semien playing like an all-star.

Fair enough... however out of the countless people I talked to all of them talked about the Shark deal and how the White Sox now had a elite starting staff... I didn't encounter one person who thought it was a bad deal.

QUOTE (harkness @ May 11, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Fair enough... however out of the countless people I talked to all of them talked about the Shark deal and how the White Sox now had a elite starting staff... I didn't encounter one person who thought it was a bad deal.

It was a "win now" move though, one year too early...as it turns out.

The main question is how much value they can extract for Samardzija compared to what they gave up to get him in the first place.

It better not be like the Swisher, Javy or Edwin Jackson returns. Let's not forget that the Tigers only had to give up Drew Smyly and Austin Jackson to get a Cy Young winner in Price.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:35 AM)
Others were in favor...

Absolutely raBBit and at the time there really was no right or wrong, just opinions or preferences. Now, in hindsight, does not look like such a smart move. At least for the time being.

I only posted the link because a comment was made ( no offense to the poster) about how everyone wanted Samardzija which was not the case.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:33 AM)
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...93812&st=30

I just read the first 5-6 pages or so to help jog the memory( getting tired) but there were a few board members that did not like the idea of trading for Shark, a month before it happened.

You're using what that guy said? I remember him, he didn't make much sense with his posts lol

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2015 -> 06:17 AM)
You're using what that guy said? I remember him, he didn't make much sense with his posts lol

coming from one poster who doesn't make sense in his post, b/c of my english being horrible.

his type of writing should not be held against that person. no one on this board has it perfect 100% of the time.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2015 -> 01:17 AM)

Yeah, he kind of generalized that all Sox fans liked the idea and I just wanted to show it was not the case. I understand with him being a new member he likely was not around last November when the thread began.

I'm going to reread it some more later for s***s and giggles.lol

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 12, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
Yeah, he kind of generalized that all Sox fans liked the idea and I just wanted to show it was not the case. I understand with him being a new member he likely was not around last November when the thread began.

I'm going to reread it some more later for s***s and giggles.lol

it is going to be interesting reading for you. :D

QUOTE (LDF @ May 12, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
it is going to be interesting reading for you. :D

It is,lol. I'm laughing because us baseball fans always have great ideas.

I know I have thrown ideas out there that left even me scratching my ass after thinking more about it.

Us baseball fans are funny little creatures arent we? :lol: