5/11 White Sox @ Brewers

QUOTE (Real @ May 11, 2015 -> 11:40 PM)
they don't come mentally prepare day in/day out, it's just whatever, too relaxed

comin to collect that paycheck, but not helping to generate that money

Beckham stirred the drink, only to have the "amazing" starting pitching piss all over it.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you'd think Geo would be familiar enough with his stuff to know what are his "go to" pitches.

At any rate, that game where Gomez had about 10 RBI's for the Twins and beat Jenks at the end in late 2008 still rankles (I think it was the culmination of a sweep, and season was tottering on the brink at that point). #twinsnightmare

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 11, 2015 -> 11:41 PM)
When will our runners learn to hit the front of the bag and not the middle?

You don't become one of the worst base running teams in history by doing things the right way!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
Not sure what the stats show, but when I watched him on the Cubs, he dominated when it was just fastballs and then splitters. His slider has always been a mediocre pitch it seems.

Stats show the slider as being his best pitch, but it's rated poorly this year

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2015 -> 05:41 PM)
You don't become one of the worst base running teams in history by doing things the right way!

We never did have a mandatory team meeting to go over fundamentals/hitting the cut-off men/backing up bases during one of those off-days, etc.??

Guess that big KW/Hahn imparting their executive skills session was critically important, lol. Would give up eating pizza for one month to get my hands on that recording...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2015 -> 06:44 PM)
We never did have a mandatory team meeting to go over fundamentals/hitting the cut-off men/backing up bases, etc.??

Guess that big KW/Hahn imparting their executive skills session was more important, lol. Would give up eating pizza for one month to get my hands on that recording...

Professionals are too good for that.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 11, 2015 -> 06:33 PM)
I'm over this s*** bag team. They just play so f***ing dumb it's sickening

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 11, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
3-0 LOL goodbye Jeff! Nice knowing ya. This team is garbage and deserves what they get.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 11, 2015 -> 06:45 PM)
This team is garbage and this organization is garbage for hiring this bum as a manager.

We get it

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2015 -> 05:43 PM)
And that to me seems insane, as it was always his splitter that was his go-to K pitch.

Well according to the data, he only started throwing the splitter in 2012 and since then it's been almost as good as his slider on a per 100 pitches basis (0.95 runs above average compared to 1.03). He just hasn't thrown it as much so the slider's been a good bit more valuable overall. Though as I said the stats don't like his slider this year so far.

Why don't we have any guys like Matt Carpenter....extreme fatigue syndrome....shows up 7 hours before every game, strenuous workouts/exercise regimen, etc.

The last really hard worker was Pierre. Eaton and Abreu are the closest, I guess. Maybe Adam's just been too overwhelmed by the new contract.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 11, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
Well according to the data, he only started throwing the splitter in 2012 and since then it's been almost as good as his slider on a per 100 pitches basis (0.95 runs above average compared to 1.03). He just hasn't thrown it as much so the slider's been a good bit more valuable overall. Though as I said the stats don't like his slider this year so far.

Question, where do you find those stats at?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:49 AM)
Why don't we have any guys like Matt Carpenter....extreme fatigue syndrome....shows up 7 hours before every game, strenuous workouts/exercise regimen, etc.

The last really hard worker was Pierre. Eaton and Abreu are the closest, I guess. Maybe Adam's just been too overwhelmed by the new contract.

We have no idea who works hard. Avi showed an amazing work ethic returning last year. There's a lot of things to question about this squad, but their work ethic is something I don't worry about.