Rodon gets the start on Friday

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 12, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 1m1 minute ago

Rick Hahn confirms Rodon will start Friday at Oakland.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 3m3 minutes ago

Rick Hahn announces that Carlos Rodon is being transitioned into #WhiteSox rotation, incl. Fri.

YES!!!!!

I love it. Rodon will struggle at times, but this is the right move.

I think this is all due to the poor start by the team. I think they would have preferred him to be in the pen until the middle or end of June and then transition to the rotation so they would have him during the pennant race. They need him there now because they have fallen behind in the standings with the poor start.

It will be really interesting to see what they do with him in August/Sept. Do they shut him down or risk the fatigue and injury?

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 13, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
I think this is all due to the poor start by the team. I think they would have preferred him to be in the pen until the middle or end of June and then transition to the rotation so they would have him during the pennant race. They need him there now because they have fallen behind in the standings with the poor start.

It will be really interesting to see what they do with him in August/Sept. Do they shut him down or risk the fatigue and injury?

Dan Hayes said yesterday he would be skipped from time to time. Obviously, if they could count on Noesi giving them 5 or 6 decent innings every 5th day, Rodon is still a reliever, and they need to start winning.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2015 -> 04:28 PM)
Dan Hayes said yesterday he would be skipped from time to time. Obviously, if they could count on Noesi giving them 5 or 6 decent innings every 5th day, Rodon is still a reliever, and they need to start winning.

Any hpefully Noesi can step up and provide that six starter/fill in role effectively. But, I think Ropdon is now in the role he should be since he is here with the big team

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)

This is pretty much textbook on how they handled Sale and Quintana.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 12, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 1m1 minute ago

Rick Hahn confirms Rodon will start Friday at Oakland.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 3m3 minutes ago

Rick Hahn announces that Carlos Rodon is being transitioned into #WhiteSox rotation, incl. Fri.

YES!!!!!

Thank God. Proves Hahn can admit a mistake. If Rodon sucks as a starter, then we send him down to get seasoned but at least he's where he belongs. If he runs out of innings and we're a playoff team, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2015 -> 02:05 AM)
Thank God. Proves Hahn can admit a mistake. If Rodon sucks as a starter, then we send him down to get seasoned but at least he's where he belongs. If he runs out of innings and we're a playoff team, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

What mistake is he admitting?

This was the plan all along...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
-No hard cap on Rodon's innings.

-Will be skipped at times.

This is the right way to do it in my opinion. I really think the Nationals screwed themselves out of a shot at winning the World Series by their handling of Strasburg in 2012. I realize it's not the exact same scenario as he was coming off Tommy John surgery but they could have cut out some starts at the beginning and middle of the season so that he could have pitched in September and October. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but that's the way I feel about it.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 15, 2015 -> 02:17 AM)
Any predictions for start #2 with our young stud? I'm guessing:

7 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 10 K and the win.

Well the Brewers suck. As a team they have the 2nd highest K% and 5th lowest BB% in baseball this year, so were an ideal match-up for Rodon's first start. Oakland should be much tougher. They're one of the better teams at putting the ball in play, and rarely swing at pitches out of the zone, so not a good match-up for a rookie with control/command issues. 10K in 7IP is probably a little optimistic. Maybe 6 IP, 4 BB, 5 SO. No idea for hits/runs.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 14, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
Well the Brewers suck. As a team they have the 2nd highest K% and 5th lowest BB% in baseball this year, so were an ideal match-up for Rodon's first start. Oakland should be much tougher. They're one of the better teams at putting the ball in play, and rarely swing at pitches out of the zone, so not a good match-up for a rookie with control/command issues. 10K in 7IP is probably a little optimistic. Maybe 6 IP, 4 BB, 5 SO. No idea for hits/runs.

Rodon faced the Reds.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 14, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)

He faced the Reds last time out. I actually like his chances more against Oakland than against Cincy because of that huge ballpark and the the fact that the A's are horrible against lefties and sliders.