NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

http://www.und.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051315aac.html

Notre Dame and Illinois have not met on the hardwood since March 2003 when the Irish defeated the Illini in the second round of the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The 12-year hiatus will come to an end in 2015 when the two teams square off at the 17th annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge in Champaign, Illinois on Wednesday, Dec. 2.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
Davis and Perea booted from Hoosiers.

Link

Both of them have had prior issues so I can understand the zero-tolerance thing happening here and will not complain, hurts the team next year though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
Link

Both of them have had prior issues so I can understand the zero-tolerance thing happening here and will not complain, hurts the team next year though.

How many schollies did Crean need again?

2016 Big 12/SEC Challenge Presented by Sonic (Jan. 30, 2016)

Kentucky at Kansas

Vanderbilt at Texas

Georgia at Baylor

Tennessee at TCU

Ole Miss at Kansas State

Iowa State at Texas A&M

Oklahoma at LSU

West Virginia at Florida

Oklahoma State at Auburn

Texas Tech at Arkansas

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2015 -> 05:41 PM)
How many schollies did Crean need again?

We were fine by this point, because April said he was transferring a few weeks ago. In total, it's Morgan, Anunoby and Bryant coming, with Robinson, Hoetzel and April leaving. So now there's actually two open spots.

No problem with the decision to dismiss them. Both had been in trouble within the past year or so and they went and did it again. Just dumb.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
I'll get more people to watch Iowa State someday.

I watch those games but it's definitely more for the pure fan. I like watching the Big 12. They are always represented in the tourney and it's good to see the other power conferences.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:35 PM)
I watch those games but it's definitely more for the pure fan. I like watching the Big 12. They are always represented in the tourney and it's good to see the other power conferences.

It was disappointing to see the NCAA showing, because the league offered great games all year. I'm biased, but I think ISU has one of the most entertaining teams in the nation between tempo and the crazy s*** that happens at Hilton.

At least Iowa State and Illinois will probably play in November.

My favorite to watch is still Walton doing Pac 12 games.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
I'll end up watching Pac12 games just because it's the best thing on late at night.

Love the late games. Sometimes im working late on the road and its the only thing on at the hotel bar. I end up watching alot of the WCC late at night.

Sterling Gibbs transferring to UConn and eligible immediately. With him and the Cornell PF transferring in plus Jalen Adams and everyone returning besides Boatright, I think Connecticut becomes a top 15 team again. Possibly top 10 if Brimah can become more of a force on the boards.

I'll let you guys decide who to believe.

SportsCenter@SportsCenter

John Calipari has made it known to Pelicans officials that he's interested in the team's head-coaching job. (via http://NOLA.com )

John Calipari ‏@UKCoachCalipari 1h1 hour ago

Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
I'll let you guys decide who to believe.

SportsCenter@SportsCenter

John Calipari has made it known to Pelicans officials that he's interested in the team's head-coaching job. (via http://NOLA.com )

John Calipari ‏@UKCoachCalipari 1h1 hour ago

Even though Anthony and Tyreke are in NOLA, I have no interest in the Pelicans or any other job. I have a great job and I'm happy at UK.

They just added another year to his contract like a week ago, so I'd imagine the buyout would have to be enourmous.